Storing 2BM full?

Discussion in 'Pre Wash, Wash, Decon, Claying, Engine, Wheels, an' started by artemis53, Nov 23, 2012.

1. artemis53

artemis53 Jedi Nuba

Just considering the possibility of storing my 2BM setup full...If I pre-rinse and pre-foam then 2BM weekly, and my buckets have gamma-seal lids so nothing gets in or out, would it be terrible to store my wash bucket like this? I typically only have 2 gallons in my wash bucket, so I could just use my pressure washer and refoam...then clean them out maybe once a month?

As long as the water coming off into the buckets is pretty clean and I dump the rinse bucket each time, and the buckets are sealed...do you think this would be "bad"?

Anyone try this, or have ideas?

2. Rocket01

Rocket01 Birth of a Detailer

I think it will start to smell. I left a few wet towels sealed in a bucket (I was going to wash them when I got home but forgot) and after a week it was pretty smelly.

Have you thought about not filling up the bucket all the way? Maybe just try to figure how much you're using and only filling up the bucket around that much?

3. artemis53

artemis53 Jedi Nuba

Well I do only fill it up 2 gallons approx. and I was not going to leave my wash mitt in the water, I would dry it out...and I would imagine if they stay IN the water, it shouldn't start to smell bad anyways...but I am sure there would be other side affects.

4. Bmer89

Bmer89 DB Forum Supporter

I think you'll be fine if you rinse the buckets out after every wash and don't store them with any soap inside. You'll find out pretty quick if its gonna be an issue or not lol

5. artemis53

artemis53 Jedi Nuba

Well, that was kind of my intent, was to for example fill them half way with soap and water, and keep using that for maybe a month...dump the rinse water, but keep the soapy wash solution the same for a little and just when I need it, to refoam it with my pressure washer...

I will probably have to just see what happens, if it will work or not.

Like I said, I would keep the same wash solution, just dump the rinse bucket, and wash and dry the wash mitt each time...