STL Detail Meet 5-25-08

Discussion in 'Detailing Bliss Lounge' started by Black Diamond, May 25, 2008.

1. Black Diamond

Black Diamond Jedi Nuba

Just wanted to start a thread for our St. Louis Detailing meet today.

First I want to Thank MWAUTOPRO for hosting this event today. What a great host and an awesome place to have this meet. He has a fantastic set-up with lots of room, well organized and clean.

Thanks to all of you who showed up today. It was really great to meet the people we talk to on-line all the time. It was good to see the couple of you I have met before.

Thanks to DJ_JonnyV for driving today and hauling my "New Flashlight" and detailing supplies.

Here's a couple of pics from the meet. I hope all that took pics today will post theirs as well.
    I know DJ_JonnyV has some great pics to share and littlemissGTO took some video.

I'm sorry that we couldn't stay longer. I hope that we can see some pics of the completed detail.

Here's some pics.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks for great and fun day!

Thanks for giving me the opportunity to learn and share today!

2. littlemissGTO

littlemissGTO Welcome to Detailing

Talk about a great day. Ben thanks for hosting and for some great food. I've also gotta thank Ben and Gary for teaching me the ways of the rotary. I must buy one.

I'll get video up tomorrow. i'm feeling a tad bit lazy right now. Caleb was VERY pleased with his car. I'll get him to post the finished product in the next day or so.

Gary nice hat
    . :D

3. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

WILLIE NELSON made a guest appearance???

NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. Black Diamond

Black Diamond Jedi Nuba

Just to think that you were afraid to touch that rotary and then we were afraid to take it away from you!

:thumb:

5. DJ_JonnyV

DJ_JonnyV DB Forum Supporter

:lol2::lol::lol2:

That's hilarious!!! We called BD the doctor over there as he has the most experience, tips and tricks.

Pics coming shortly.

6. Black Diamond

Black Diamond Jedi Nuba

Trust me, you don't want to hear me sing!

7. MWAUTOPRO

MWAUTOPRO Jedi Nuba

8. littlemissGTO

LOL I know. I've decided to skip the Flex DA for now and go right to a rotary.

9. MWAUTOPRO

MWAUTOPRO Jedi Nuba

:headbang: thats the way to do it

so much correction, so little time, so little vibration

10. littlemissGTO

'zactly. I'm thinking Makita. It felt pretty darned comfortable in my hands.

11. Deep Gloss Auto Salon

Deep Gloss Auto Salon DB Pro Supporter

12. DJ_JonnyV

As others have mentioned, big thanks again Ben at MWAUTOPRO for hosting. Absolutely great facility to work at.

Here's some of Madozodi working the foam cannon:

"What the hell does this thing do again?"
    [​IMG]

Laying it down!!!
    [​IMG]

Teamwork
    [​IMG]

Couple of pics of some of the gear we had on tap:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here's the owner learning how to clay:
    [​IMG]

Double-fisted:
    [​IMG]

Littlemiss getting acqauinted with the Flex 3401:
    [​IMG]

It was a short love affair with the 3401 as she quickly found a new love in the Makita:
    [​IMG]

MWAUTOPRO laying the smack down on some defects:
    [​IMG]

I think the owner is looking to buy a 3401 now as well:
    [​IMG]

Litllemiss, or someone else, I hope you got some corrected pics. I was so excited on that trunk lid that I forgot to take a few afters.

Here's what we were dealing with. Pics were hard to take due to the paint color. First one taken with BD's new "flashlight".

[​IMG]

One with the Brinkmann:
    [​IMG]

Here's a couple of 50/50s I took on the rear bumper. It might take a little eye straining, but you can see the swirls on the left of the light and how it's clear on the right.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

The above 2 were done with 3401, SIP, and Excel Detail orange 6.5" pad. The folks using the rotary were mainly using white pad and SIP.

Oh, one more of Madozodi using LittlemissGTO's pad washer she won. Impressions were positive on this little gem.

[​IMG]

Big thanks to the owner as well for volunteering the victim. Unfortunately, I had to bail a little early as my hallpass had expired. I had a great time meeting everybody and doing a little detailing.

13. DJ_JonnyV

Madozodi = green shirt
    LittlemissGTO = blue shirt
    BD = black shirt
    MWAUTOPRO = shaggy
    Me = red shirt
    Owner = white shirt

14. MWAUTOPRO

MWAUTOPRO Jedi Nuba

Jon, I sent your bp and spare bottles/sprayes with LMGTO.

Big Gary, I sent your bottles/sprayes with LMGTOalso

I am terribly sorry I forgot to grab them before you left.

Gary, ive got your bottle of QD...

15. DJ_JonnyV

Cool, knew I'd forget something! As you witnessed my rotary no workie. It was the Flex 302 I bought off ebay for $55, so no immediate rush on the BP. Although, this does give me a good excuse to buy a new one!

16. SSTG

SSTG DB Forum Supporter

Man I wished I could have made this one. Hopefully next time. Looks like you guy's had a good time.

17. MadOzodi

MadOzodi Nuba Guru

I knew I'd forget at least one thing. What am I doing up at this hour you ask? Wishing I had the Universal Pad Washer in my basement!

Thanks everyone...great meeting you all. lmgGTO, thanks for letting me be the first to play with the UPW. Ben, I'll pick up the bottle of QD when you've got my 3.5" BP and my 2 white pads in stock; I could care less about the actual QD, I just want the bottle back. :thumb:

Man, you guys should've seen lmGTO with the rotary...like a fish to water. I did one pass on a 1' x 1' section and promptly handed the Hitachi back to Gary the Wiser. I'll stick to my 3401 and orange cross-groove.

ALL :worship2: TO THE WÜFFLE!!! :lol:

18. Nica

Nica Banned

Man that looks like fun and I agree that looks like a great place to detail at too :druling: :druling:

Littlemiss your going to love the Makita, great tool and as I'm sure you found out there is nothing to the rotary just a little more attention and your set to go :thumb: I couldn't stand all the vibration from the PC.

Look forward to more pictures :thumb:

19. Divine Detail

Divine Detail DB Pro Supporter

That looks like a great shop to have a get together in! Detailing get togethers are always a good time.

20. littlemissGTO

Gary prepping a pad for the pad washer:
    [​IMG]
    Couple of finished up pictures:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Sorry I didn't get more pictures. I was too busying having fun with the roatry.

Note to self: The video cam doesn't take great pictures. It's time for a new camera...lol