Steamer 19.99 @ Tuesday Morning!!!

Discussion in 'Sale, Trades, or Bargains' started by Tonya, Apr 8, 2008.

1. Tonya

Tonya Welcome to Detailing

Hey guys I wanted to let you know about my lates find. It is a hand held steamer for 19.99 @ Tuesday Morning.
    It is the first cheap steamer that I have been impressed with. It puts out a continious amount of steam. Not just a brust when you press a button. The pic on the front of the box is accurate. I have used it on my rims and it did a great job. I can't wait to use it on an engine detail and bugs!!! Now here is the problem... I have no more in my area.... so you guys are going to need to help each other out. Here is the Tuesday Morning phone number 1-800-901-0881 then key in the item # 7597118 and your zip code. It will give you the phone # and address of the closest store. I checked a few of your zip codes and several of you should be set. Now... you know our Canadian friends are going to want some. Especially someone that buys in bulk:giggle: So if you have a store that has several please post on this thread and help some other members out. I don't know the durability of this item, but I have my fingers crossed. If you are someone that wants one post here so someone can help you :thumb:
    Good Luck everyone! Please.... if you have a store near you help someone else out!!
    :applause2:

2. Chris@Optimum

Chris@Optimum DB Certified Manufacturer

Do NOT buy this thing! I bought it and everything was working great until the snap-in end tip melted the housing and now won't stay in place. If you did buy it, make sure you only use it about 10-15 minutes at a time. The piece that melted is part of the housing itself and not a 'replaceable' part. Ok that's the negative. Positives are all the attachments work really well and I guess for $20 it's not proced bad. I bought mine at Walmart when they were like $40 a couple of years ago.

3. jake_b

jake_b Obsessive Detailer

Nice find tonya. I'll buy it if it's in the store somewhere in jersey. for $19, i think it's worth the try.

4. Tonya

:shrug: I used mine for a while and had no issue. After I did my rims I took it inside and used it all over the house. I guess I did unplug it for a minute or two to move to different outlets throughout the house :shrug: Maybe that gave it just enough time to cool down :shrug: But thanks so much for the heads up.

5. Chris@Optimum

yeah, I'm not trying to bash it, just be warned that it will happen after 5-10 30min uses. The thing worked great and i had no other issues,but it was a big single issue, ya know. I would say to let it cool after emptying each tank of water and don't apply pressure with the attachments, just float it over the surfaces because I think applying even light pressure will increase the chance of the plastic fatigue I experienced. You know how the end slides in and locks? Mine is still usable but has .5 inch of play in each direction. I hope mine was an isolated incident, but for $20 I may get another and just baby it, LOL

6. DJ_JonnyV

DJ_JonnyV DB Forum Supporter

I'm going to a local store today in STL and will try picking one up for myself. Let me know if anyone else is interested as I'll buy more if they have more.

7. Pats300zx

Pats300zx Official DB Moderator

I can't find any in my area. Checked 2 BL's...

8. RTexasF

RTexasF Birth of a Detailer

Tonya,

How long does it steam on one fill?

9. jshillin

jshillin Birth of a Detailer

Wrong store, she found them at "Tuesday Morning"

10. pirex

pirex DB Certified Dealer

Who is getting one? ME :D

11. DJ_JonnyV

Ok, just got back from lunch and picked up 3 of these at the Tuesday Morning in Creve Ceour. I'm definitely keeping 1 for myself and though I'd see if there is any interest with my fellow detailers in STL before seeing if anyone else is interested. Price was $19.99.

Again, great find, Tonya, and thanks for the heads-up.

12. DJ_JonnyV

I did a quick test run tongith and this baby definitely has the goods!!! My car's rims were moderately dusty and dirty and it just lifted the crap right up. Used a Costco MF towel for wipe up. I would do the top half of the wheel, turn it off, then bottom of wheel and final wipe down. Too, oh, maybe 2 minutes if that to do a wheel. I can see this being very useful when doing ONR washes. Now that the weather is warm, I still find myself dragging out the hose to do the wheels, wells, and tires. Definitely a worthy pick-up from what I've seen so far.

13. MadOzodi

MadOzodi Nuba Guru

Jon, what LSP product do you apply to your wheels? You think there was any trace of it after the steam clean?

While doing laundry, I just found the steam cleaner I stole from my mom.

14. DJ_JonnyV

Honestly, I haven't applied much to the wheels on my car since January when I hit them with P21s Finish Restorer and some Menz FMJ. I can really see the benefit of this when doing customers' cars with baked on brake dust. I would think it would strip anything off though. If you take good care of your wheels, it may be overkill.

15. MadOzodi

MadOzodi Nuba Guru

Aight, I'll prolly have to use it on the BMW wheels.

16. Chris@Optimum

FYI: Just incase you loose steam after refilling the tank, I can tell you from experience that you just need to loosen the tank a little. Took me awhile to figure out so maybe it'll save you some trouble.

17. RTexasF

RTexasF Birth of a Detailer

Does anyone know how long this thing steams on one fill??????? Second request.

18. Tonya

Long enough to do my rims, the kitchen counter, most light switch overs, handles to the fridge and 3 toilets.... does that help :shrug: :giggle: :rollinglaugh:

19. maesal

maesal Birth of a Detailer

A video cleaning rims will be great !!
    Thanks for sharing ;)

20. Anthony

Anthony Birth of a Detailer

If you're a weekend warrior this might be an OK tool but if you're a pro looking for a cheap alternative or replacement for a professional steaming unit then you're wasting money.

I've been using steam for a number of years now and when I first started posting about its use and benefits people were jumping on the net looking for steamers, both pro and non, and many of them bought cheaper $100 units which ended up disappointing them.

Cheaper units will not hold up to daily constant use so in this type of tool you get what you pay for.

Anthony