Starting off small

Discussion in 'Detailing Bliss Lounge' started by AutoPrestige, Dec 9, 2014.

1. AutoPrestige

AutoPrestige New Member

I am sure most of you started off detailing in small open air places be it out in the drive way, under a car port or in the back yard garage such as I have. I am looking for advice in what I should be looking for in a "Store Front" shop. I am looking around town for a small garage hopefully fitting around 2 to 3 cars. Does anyone have advice/tips that they have come across to have a more productive atmosphere in a smaller place? What should I be looking for, what would be good to have, what not to have. Anything like that would help me greatly in my search. thanks

2. detailersdomain

detailersdomain Administrator

Good to have you hear, I would really figure out what your costs are, do you have enough business to support a location at this time.

3. AutoPrestige

AutoPrestige New Member

I as of right now, do believe I have a good bit a clientele on board as I have been mobile for a bit over a year now. I am thinking that having a shop to work from will bring in more customers and help grow instead of hurt the business.

4. Tim

Tim Guest

Working from home is not a viable option?

I know where I am there are many customers who want the mobile services that way its convenient for them. I have been offering this service to them for years now. I also do work from home (home based business) but what I find is the clients that have been using my mobile services are far more inclined to keep using it because its just more convenient for them.

Having space to have 3-4 cars inside and ample parking for other clients is a must IMO. I find that I will have a number of cars on the go inside and need the space to move from one to the other quickly. Being that I work out of my home when doing this I don't need much for street parking but I do have space outside for around 7 cars if need be.

5. StreetShotz

StreetShotz New Member

^ Oops....was wondering why it was asking for my name to post it :p haha

6. AutoPrestige

AutoPrestige New Member

In my current location, the business is set up as strictly mobile due to licensing and zoning issues with the city. That being said, I am still able to do cars at the house, but clients seem to be slightly apprehensive about bringing vehicles to the residence. I am just thinking that having a small garage, 2 - 4 cars and ample outdoor parking would be the next step in boosting business. Signage and front office space would be beneficial no doubt. Just trying to get a feel for things.

7. Mark50789

Mark50789 New Member

Has anyone had any luck in industrial parks, not much visibility of the store front? Where are your shops located?