Stain problems with newer cloth seats.

Discussion in 'Interior Car Care' started by kakeuter, Oct 24, 2010.

1. kakeuter

kakeuter DB Forum Supporter

I am having some problems with stains in newer cloth seats returning after I remove them. I will use APC and a soft brush to lightly agitate the stain, then use our extractor to suck the solution out of the seat using the hot water as I see fit.

I always make sure to get as much water sucked out of the seat as I can, but in a lot of cases, once the seat is dry the stain seems to come back up out of the foam and appear in the cloth again. Sometimes the stain will even spread out depending on how much water I use from the extractor.

What would you all recommend I change or try different? What process do you pros use?

Thank you for your time and have a nice day.

2. stottie

stottie Birth of a Detailer

i have this happen also, i try to use the least amount of cleaner possible and water and make sure too use hot, and also make sure to suck up the seat real well. i also u a couple dry towells and wipe the seat that seems to help too. also use even strokes when using the extractor

3. Dubbin1

Dubbin1 Jedi Nuba

Give Folex a try ;)

4. kakeuter

Thanks for the replies, I enjoy learning new things from you pros.

I have heard a lot about Folex and that it can be found at Lowes, I will check there.

Thanks again!

5. GDAL

GDAL Guest

folex is the way to go ... +1

6. daveinsweethome

daveinsweethome DB Forum Supporter

i use tons of folex but the first thing i do is change its damn bottle. like trying to put out a forest fire by pissing.

7. flatstick

flatstick Birth of a Detailer

Folex is the only way to fly if you ask me for most stains. I also use Kid & Pets stain and odor remover on the heavy duty stains. between the two the stains will beg for mercy LOL ! one client asked me if I had their taken their seat out and replaced it with a new one, they never expected the rust stain to come out.

8. GDAL

GDAL Guest

I've been using Majestic Solutions Extraction Plus around the house and it's a pretty amazing product. I think it works better than folex, but it doesn't rinse as well. MS Extraction Plus dilution ratios are extremely good, making an economical solution.

I've been meaning to use MS Extraction Plus on my car's interior, but I haven't had time. I know kshultz swears by this product.

9. kakeuter

Thanks for all the replies everyone, sounds like I need to get me some Folex.

Can't wait to tackle the seats now, thanks again!

10. JRogers

JRogers Virgin Detailer

pics would be helpful. but if you dont do the entire seat bottom or back on some of the new seats like cobalts and chryslers light grays you will leave a water ring. so the entire thing needs to have water applied to it from the extractor or from a water bottle. Another possibility is that it is an oil based stain that is reappearing. Hope this helps.