Ss: Bmw m3 e46 ess

Discussion in 'Show and Shine' started by whiplazh, Mar 30, 2010.

1. whiplazh

whiplazh Two Bucket System Washer

2002 BMW M3 E46 Supercharged by ESS Tuning.
    Carbonswartz

[​IMG]

Got a phonecall from a customer that had a carbonswartz (carbonblack) BMW M3 '02. Supercharged by ESS tuning aswell. It's an car enthusiast that owns the car and I did expect a pretty neat car to work with. Honestly, it wasn't that bad, BUT it had been washed with one of these devils:

[​IMG]

And that kind of brush he where using is the ones at gas stations. People probably wash everyting with them. Rims, paint, boats, diggers and such object that can fit in the area where the brush is located.

The car came in at 17:00ish on friday, and where delivered at 21:00 on sunday. I spent 29ish hours on this one. This car is really stunning! 460bhp with SMG transmission. :)

Over to the detail. I'll give you a couple of pictures to start off with. This is from the arrival:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Some closeups from the arrival:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It was so much dirt that i couldnt tell the owner what I thought of this detail. So i went on with Mac1 Prickbort to remove the asphalt-spots and contamination. Then i used the foamcannon mixed with SS Snowfoam, CG Maxi Suds II and Optimum Car Bath on the whole car and dwelled for 5 minutes. I foamed shuts, behind the gas cap (? cover), wheels, arches etc. The wheels where treated with Bilberry 1:4 and various brushes from SV and Valetpro.

Foamed once...
    [​IMG]

... then twice.
    [​IMG]

Took the car in for claying after a 3-4 hours of washing thoroughly. I used Riccardo yellow as clay and ONR (Optimum No Rinse) as claylube.

Before claying, a brand new claybar.
    [​IMG]

Clayed the whole car.
    [​IMG]

And this is what I was left with. :doublesho
    [​IMG]

Mac1 Prickbort has done it's job very well! Thats for sure. After claying i rinsed the car and dried it with SS waffle towel. Time to look at what I was working with this weekend.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Obviously someone had been here before me, and left their signature. :devil:
    Well, after scouting for some trails I pulled out my buddy. Meet mr. 3M Sungun!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I really really really hoped this paint wasn't that hard. And thank god, it wasn't! Some of these RDS are still left. I called the owner and we agreed to take them at next round, with wetsanding. Didn't have time for that this time unfortunately. :(
    Masked up the car and did a 50-50 with different combinations of pads with Menzerna SIP. The result where Menzerna SIP on orange detailersdomain/über-pad.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

As you can see it came out pretty good. So went over the whole body with this combination. Worked out RDS with small pad. Some more 50-50s for you guys.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After this treatment i changed to Menzerna PO85RD and black (!!) glaze pad from dd/über-pads. The result where quite stunning, as usual. PO85RD is one of my favorite finishing products. :argie:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Oh, I almost forgot the exhaust system for you. Got some pictures that will explain the process. I used CG Metal Shine and various MF's.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And mounted again.
    [​IMG]

Went on after this round and demasked the car and drove it outside for a wipedown and foam. Can you see a difference?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Over to the foaming action. Filled with the same ingredients as I said over here.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Took it in again and dryed it with Black Baron. Lovely thing. Then i was left with this result.

[​IMG]

Now, this is a special car. Well, in Norway it is. ;) I had to digg into my wax collection and look for alternatives. Came over this sweet thing in my collection.

[​IMG]

This wax is just fantastic. It's only 60 pots made totally, so it is an exclusive high end wax mixed with Ketil at Scandicshine's instructions by Swissvax. Smells good, makes a really deep and wet look, wateresistant (video at the end. :lol:), durable and supereasy to use.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Used two cookie monsters to remove the wax then used SV Microfinish as the last step.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The chrome got treated with CG Metal Shine. Plastic where treated with Black Wow and rubber where treated with CG New Look Gel. The windows got a coat of Nanolotus sealer and rims and tires where treated with SV AutoBahn and DP Gloss tires. He has also booked a photoshoot with his new-painted summerwheels. Gunmetal grey! STOKED!

The "holo's" at some of the finishing pictures are the Insignis that sweats a little.

Thanks for looking, and excuse my English. I did my best. :thumb:

2. Rickrack

Rickrack DB Pro Supporter

Wow, that came out AMAZING!

Great work!!

Gotta love washing cars in the cold!

3. rm5

rm5 Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Very nice, too bad a quick drive from there and the car will get dirty.
    Carbon black is an amazing color did you notice under certain fluorescent lighting it will actually look purple.

4. Julian_B

Julian_B Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Great work! any info on the tornado red //S6 wagon?

5. whiplazh

It came out pretty good. Thanks!

The foams sticks for longer for sure.

Yeah, I think I got some shots of that effect. Neat color!

Thanks.

It's mine. 380-400hp, RS2 setup, sinterclutch from Spec, ALOT of 034 motorsport parts. ;) Carbon interiour, BBS LM at summer etc. It's going in the paintbooth next weekend. I'll make a thread.

6. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

Came out perfect. Love the winter wheels.

7. lifemal

lifemal Wax on..Wax off

Excellent work!

8. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

amazing work, dude!

9. kei169

kei169 Wax on..Wax off

Nice one dude !

10. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

Looks great, nice work on the e46. Love Insignis, have not had sweating issues when I have used it though, hmm...

11. vtec92civic

vtec92civic Nuba Guru

wow! In the before pictures i wasn't even aware that the car was black accept for when you mentioned it. Anyways nice work man that thing came out looking sweet! Amazing what sip and a orange pad did to that M3

12. Denzil

Denzil Guest

That's some very amazing work there!

13. pushtiulk

pushtiulk Guest

stunning job. congrats

14. whiplazh

I removed it with SV Microfinish mf's after the shots. It may have been residue from a full cookie monster. ;)

Thanks for the comments people! :)

15. infiniti24

infiniti24 Birth of a Detailer

wow just wow that carbon black looks great he needs a clear bra on that thing though if he drives in the bad weather really helps the paint

16. slanguage

slanguage OD On Detailing

nice work. some good 50/50 shots in there. like how the paint looks almost blueish under the sungun.

17. mrgolfrider

mrgolfrider DB Forum Supporter

Very nice work man!

So what was up with that exhaust, it looked unusual.

I have never heard of that SV microfiber you used for the final wipe, looks to have had a super tight weave.

Would love to see pics with summer wheels, that car is a total sleeper right now though.

18. dsms

dsms DB Forum Supporter

Some of the best work I have seen on here in a while!

19. anbuzero

anbuzero DB Pro Supporter

top notch work there. keep it up

20. d00t

d00t Welcome to Detailing

outstanding!