spring cleaning on my car!

Discussion in 'Show and Shine' started by Ian, May 22, 2010.

1. Ian

Ian Jedi Nuba

I went crazy on my car the past few days or nights I should say. My car wasn't in terrible shape mostly light scratches from winter washing ect. I did run into a little bit of the sticky paint issue but not as bad as some of the Subie's out there. I washed with CG citrus wash and used that soap in my foam gun. Wheels were cleaned with P21S wheel cleaner. I clayed with the uber clay bar and Adams detail spray. Wiped the car down with 70/30 mix of IPA to help cut the wax that was on there. Then polished with Menzerna s203 and the 85rd. I didn't polish the hood and front lip spolier because the lip is cracked and I have a new one on its way and I'm going to repaint the hood, it's just hammered. I used Collinite 845 and topped that with 2 coats of Swissvax Insignis ( over kill? I hope so, haha ) Tires dressed with Swissvax Pneu.
    For the inside, a really good vacuum I even on bolted the front seats to get the hard to reach areas and wipe off the seat tracks that collected some dust over the years inbetween the seat and center consol. Einsett cock pit cleaner to wipe down everthing and Adams glass cleaner. Tons of uber MF towels. Forgot to take pics of interior. Also my car has 138,000 miles on her, daily driven

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Jedidiah

Jedidiah Guest

nice job.

but what is on your roof? is that a mini sun roof?

3. Marc08EX

Marc08EX Jedi Nuba

sweet ride man!! The paint looks like new! I wouldn't think that the car has more than 100k mi! Great job!

4. Ian

Ian Jedi Nuba

That is the Spec C roof vent that comes on the Subaru WRX STI Spec C model rally ready cars in Japan. I had to cut a hole in my roof but it is a factory part and fits perfect! They're used to bring in a lot of air into the cabin during rally racing since they cant have the windows open, and believe me it flows a ton of air!
    here's a few pics of the install

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. Ian

Ian Jedi Nuba

Thank you! You should see the look on peoples face's when they hear how many miles I have. It does help working in a body shop. I have already painted the front end once before, if you have ever delt with subaru paint you know it sucks!

6. ahwil_lim

ahwil_lim Wax on..Wax off

138.000 miles??? how many years to take this mile age? hahaha ...

Anyway, Your Car look perfect though ... insignis make her look awesome

Nice job Bud

7. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

Very nice work. And I'm impressed with the roof vent, I'd be scared shitless to cut a whole in my roof like that!

8. sal329

sal329 Nuba Guru

Looks great love the color

9. Ian

Ian Jedi Nuba

I bought the car brand new in April 2003 and I drive a lot