Sprayer for Wheel Brightener

Discussion in 'Pre Wash, Wash, Decon, Claying, Engine, Wheels, an' started by HeavyD, Aug 7, 2010.

1. HeavyD

HeavyD DB Forum Supporter

Just curious on what type of sprayers you guys are using for Megs Wheel Brightener? I started using this product about a month ago for the real nasty jobs and it really performs! The problem I'm having is its been killing my spray bottles. Ive gone through 3 spraymaster bottles,and a couple generic dollar store ones and after a couple details they all have failed,loose trigger and no spray.Im using a recycled 1Z foaming one now and so far so good after 3 cars. Any help greatly appreciated.

Cheers
    Darren

2. kustomizingkid

kustomizingkid Nuba Guru

A pump style sprayer with viton seals, viton seals.

3. Emile

Emile Welcome to Detailing

This comes up a lot on DB. Use a quality, chemical-resistant sprayer and once you are done cleaning the wheels, run soap and water through the sprayer, and then just water. This will make the spraryer last for a very long time, if not indefinitely.

4. Tire Shredder

Tire Shredder Jedi Nuba

it's killed two standard zep sprayers of mine. now trying out the chemically resistant one (silver) from home depot. says guaranteed for 5 years...

5. Emile

Emile Welcome to Detailing

Wheel Brightener will still murder it if you don't flush it out after each use following the method I described above.

6. I VIK I

I VIK I Two Bucket System Washer

I went through the same situation. I just empty out the spray bottle and then rinse it with water.

7. HeavyD

HeavyD DB Forum Supporter

Thanks for reply fellas. The silver ones from home depot are the spraymaster ones Ive been using for all my chems,love them.Guranteed for 5 years and they have the Viton seals,ive returned a few of them with no problems lol. Rinsing them clean sounds to be the way to go when using WB.Thanks again.

Cheers
    Darren

8. bryansbestwax

bryansbestwax DB Forum Supporter

I pump wash soap through it when I am done with my wash bucket, my sprayers are lasting quite a long time.

9. Reflect

Reflect DB Forum Supporter

I had one of those Spraymaster HD sprayers from Autogeek. Used it three times and cleaned it out every time, pulled the trigger "too hard" and it exploded, spring flew out and the internal plastics broke. Cross this off your list.