Spray Wax Application

Discussion in 'Car Detailing Product Discussion' started by aray, Jan 31, 2012.

1. aray

aray Virgin Detailer

Hi -- I purchased some of this just for kicks, and I was impressed -- although I have a question about the most effective way to apply. The bottle seems to recommend two different methods.

Is it more effective to:

1) Spray on like a quick detailer after car is dry

2) Spray on like a quick detailer WHILE drying the car

3) Spray on when paint is wet, let sit for 30 seconds (?), then rinse off, then dry. (as the video on the 1z website shows)

Thanks

2. Kilo6_one

Kilo6_one DB Forum Supporter

what is it? 1&2 are the popular methods

3. aray

aray Virgin Detailer

Einszett Spray Wax, I'm used to 1+2 as well -- but the third is something that was on the label and in a video on the 1z website, was wondering if there was something to it

4. sgvevo9mr

sgvevo9mr Two Bucket System Washer

Number 1

5. JoeyZ

JoeyZ Obsessive Detailer

i usually do #2 while drying.

I dont ever use unless car is freshly clean. I dont do "in between" wipe downs.

6. Kilo6_one

Kilo6_one DB Forum Supporter

#2, as a drying aide to prevent water spots.
    #1 for post wash wipe down to remove finger prints and to create that final look.
    #3 too me sounds like a waste of product.

7. hamza7

hamza7 Welcome to Detailing

1 & 2 for me too

8. HeavyD

HeavyD DB Forum Supporter

I use it for a post detail wipedown.Also Ive found when using it as a drying aid it can get streaky if you over apply. I dont do between wash wipe downs either. Ive gone thru gallons of 1Z spray wax and I have yet to use it like the video. Did the "like" feature disappear?

9. drew935

drew935 Auto Salon Works

I've done both 1&2 after a wash

10. aray

aray Virgin Detailer

....this is why I asked! To me watering down the product would just decrease effectiveness vs. rubbing into the paint. But today with all the magic products with WOWA, and coatings that last multiple years, I try to limit my assumptions.

But it seems like I'll stick with 1+2. Thanks!

11. Michael @ einszett

Michael @ einszett DB Certified Manufacturer

Hey gang, I really don't have much to add since all the answers were spot on. I will tell you that #3 (as shown in our video) is the original purpose. Spray Wax (known as Perl Glanz in Europe) was made for people who don't have the convenience of a place to polish and wax their car or wanted a quick solution to putting on some gloss and protection. The idea is they can go to a self-serve wash place (wash boxes) and after washing their car they can spray the product on the car then rinse the surface. Is it a replacement for polish or wax - absolutely not. But it's a quick way to add some shine and protection.

The product does bond and it doesn't take long. I don't know what you will all think of this but one time (when my car was clean) my car was sitting outside when we had a nice downpour. I went outside and sprayed Spray Wax on the hood to see what would happen. After the rain stopped, I had a nice looking hood. I know it's kind of corny to do this but I wanted to see what would happen. :)

12. aray

aray Virgin Detailer

Thanks Mike!

13. Nutbread

Nutbread Virgin Detailer

Why do I hear Gladys Kravitz screaming ABNER, ABNER. Come look, that crazy man is out waxing his car in the rain again.

14. Michael @ einszett

Michael @ einszett DB Certified Manufacturer

:lol:

15. slanguage

slanguage OD On Detailing

I havent used that stuff in ages. Almost fogot about it. I have used method 2.