Spray bottles at Home Depot....

Discussion in 'Sale, Trades, or Bargains' started by racersky, Jan 6, 2009.

1. racersky

racersky Jedi Nuba

I went to Home Depot to buy some spackle to fix a crack on my wall and then I came across a 32oz spray bottle bin for .96 cents each. So in my head I just said oh wells worth a try for 96 cents lol. I'll give you guys a review on the spray bottle in just a few moments.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. pektel

pektel DB Forum Supporter

From my experience - The spray heads on those suck. I have 4 of those bottles. One of them broke after using it twice. The others are still okay, but they have only been used once so far.

That Zep one in that picture is better, though. It's also almost 4 bucks each :yikes:

3. racersky

racersky Jedi Nuba

Wow......I just filled it with water and the spray head trigger broke -_-" Oh wellz only 96 cents.

4. krshultz

krshultz Nuba Guru

The best ones I've found come from Northern Tool. They're $4/each :yikes: But, they've got a wide-fill opening, and - most importantly - they last. I think I've got at least six of them. I can't find them on their website - if you've got a retail store close to you, that's your best bet.

5. racersky

racersky Jedi Nuba

The closest Northern Tool place to me is located in Virginia :shakehead:

6. Pats300zx

Pats300zx Official DB Moderator

Lowes have some as well. .96 cents and they are clear with the dilution on the sides.

7. Buddy

Buddy Getting to know Detailing

I buy the Zep Spray bottles at Home Depot They're about three bucks and they're worth every penny...:thumb:

8. J BELL

J BELL Nuba Guru

Auto detailing solutions has a setup that i like...1.79 for the chemical resistant head and 1.50 for the bottle..good setup!

9. racersky

racersky Jedi Nuba

I might look into that since I'm going to be placing an order from ADS real soon for my G100

10. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

11. spK

spK DB Forum Supporter

Yup I got the ones P1et linked to.
    I use them with the 16oz clear bottles usplastic sells, works like a charm.

Only downfall is that its 16oz so you will run out of product pretty fast.

12. SSTG

SSTG DB Forum Supporter

Rick over at ADS is second to none on customer service. You won't be disappointed.

13. Buddy

Buddy Getting to know Detailing

I agree. He is a cool guy and alot of help. He'll even shot the shit with you...:thumb:

14. Brent

Brent Birth of a Detailer

Pretty much all of my Home Depot Sprayers have broken also. Most of them due to dropping. They don't take falls near as well as the Zep bottles. Even if a short distance and not very full, the heads on the Home Depot bottles break whereas Zep bottles generally survive.

15. wagonproject

wagonproject Jedi Nuba

I actually picked up 2 of those HD ones the other day. Been running carpet cleaning stuff in them and they seem to be fine. Don't care for the trigger/sprayer, but for less then a $1 its nice.

16. racersky

racersky Jedi Nuba

17. slanguage

slanguage OD On Detailing

I have the Meg's bottles with Viton sprayers from ADS. Love 'em.
    I have 2 Zep bottles, and even though pricey, always perform great.
    I also have a rubbermaid bottle I bought from Target last year,and I love it.

18. milabfocker

milabfocker Jedi Nuba

I just bought ten clear 36 oz PVC bottles from usplastic.com. You can buy the bottle separate from the sprayer; they run 1.27 each. The bottle I am referring to is all the way to the right in the following link.

PVC Clear Spray Bottles - US Plastic Corporation

I then bought 15 heavy duty sprayers; they run $.55 each.

Heavy Duty Shipper Sprayers - US Plastic Corporation

I find these last a long time if you take the time to clear them with clean water after being used to apply acids and solvents. Even chemical resistant sprayers will fail if they are not cleared occasionally.

19. racersky

racersky Jedi Nuba

Curious....which Viton head spray did you buy? I see it comes with two different size tubing.

20. slanguage

slanguage OD On Detailing