Speed Yellow Porsche 968 Club Sport...

Discussion in 'Professional Detailer's Studio' started by Clark, May 28, 2010.

1. Clark

Clark Two Bucket System Washer

I'd planned on putting this car in with several others in another write up but realised I had just enough to make a "proper" write up out of them so here we go :)

This car belongs to a regular customer of ours who decided he needed a weekend toy after selling his 997 GT3 (he has a Gen 2 GT3 on the way which I'm rather looking forward to :D). Overall, the car was in great shape (having only covered just over 2,000 miles in the last decade!) but the paint was obviously a little bit oxidized in places and in need of a spruce up so a 2 day Minor Correction detail was chosen.

However, the car was first put onto a set of ramps...

[​IMG]

The car had been driven a couple of times on the winter roads so the owner asked if I could give the underside a quick going over to get rid of any salt/grit etc.

So after a pre-rinse with the pressure washer to remove any loose dirt I sprayed a generous amount of and then agitated with various brushes:

[​IMG]

I then followed this up with NO LINKS PLEASE through the foam lance @ 60 degrees...

[​IMG]

...Then thoroughly rinsed off again @ 60 degrees and then gave it a quick dry with the NO LINKS PLEASE to check everything was nice and clean again.

There's a fair bit of underseal underneath so it doesn’t exactly look "bling" but it’s clean:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The process was then repeated for the front.

Onto the main wash stage now:

After giving all 4 wheels a thorough pre-rinse (you should always do this first, it surprises me how many people start cleaning a "dry" wheel) I applied...

[​IMG]

...Then agitated with and...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

...before being rinsed off...

[​IMG]

was then used to remove the few tar spots on the inner rims:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Tyres and arches next - these weren't overly dirty (obviously this pic was taken before the wheels were cleaned):

[​IMG]

and a were used for these bits:

[​IMG]

This just left a few remaining tar spots that would take care of:

[​IMG]

It then started to rain pretty heavily so no more pics but the usual wash routine followed such as cleaning all shuts and exterior trim with, the engine bay with (2:1), 2 bucket wash with a new shampoo on test and then de-tarred with.

The car was then brought inside and clayed with and plain water for lube but very little contamination was found - not uncommon for single stage paints.

To get some life back into the paint I settled on the combination of and a with the machine @ Speed 5.

Whilst 100% correction wasn't the aim on this detail the results were very good:

Before:

[​IMG]

After:

[​IMG]

Another couple of afters:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The wheels were also machine polished using and a:

Before:

[​IMG]

After:

[​IMG]

The wheels were then wiped down with IPA and then sealed with and the tyres were dressed with.

The engine bay was dressed with and the painted parts polished and sealed with.

Couple of befores:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The interior was fully detailed including a thorough hoover and dust down, wipe down, leather cleansed with and fed with, interior glass cleaned with, the backs of the seats were waxed with, shuts polished and protected with, seals fed with and I also fitted new mats and brackets to fix them down.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

On the exterior, the paint was given a thorough wipe down with IPA and then waxed with Zymol Vintage followed by a final wipe down with. The exterior glass was done with and the tailpipe was polished with.

All that remains are a few afters, you'll notice that there's a bit of background mess in some of them as the car was finished just before the new floor was about to be laid :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks for looking and thanks to the owner for letting me tick another one off the "cars to detail before I retire" list :D

Clark

2. Atom Bomb

Atom Bomb Two Bucket System Washer

Awesome job looks wet!

3. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

Clark, gorgeous work mate, but please, no links to your own online shop.

4. slanguage

slanguage OD On Detailing

nice work Clark.

5. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

amazing work!

6. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

Looks great Clark. Shiny yellow - yum!

7. Emile

Emile Welcome to Detailing

Beautiful work on a beautiful car!

Clark, please PM me and let me know what wheel cleaner you used, as well as what you used for the arches and under-body.

8. kei169

kei169 Wax on..Wax off

the result looks absolutely stunning!

9. dsms

dsms DB Forum Supporter

Fantastic work as expected Clark, new shop is looking great as well.

10. christian900se

christian900se Obsessive Detailer

Oh baby, I have a soft spot for the 968/944 body styles. That yellow is super glossy though, great job on giving it some much needed new life!

11. tdekany

tdekany Wax on..Wax off

Clark, I am so glad that you have finally posted another detail. Too bad that they removed some of the content.:yikes::yikes::yikes:

12. Clark

Clark Two Bucket System Washer

Apologies mate, it wasnt intentional - I just copied and pasted from another forum where we pay to advertise, thanks for editing the post :thumb:

13. Dgioconto

Dgioconto Virgin Detailer

Nice work!

14. mx22

mx22 Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Amazing car and just as amazing work on it!