Sonus vs. Meguiars pads

Discussion in 'Compounds, Polishes, Paint Cleaners, and Glazes' started by matrix_808, May 12, 2008.

1. matrix_808

matrix_808 DB Supporter

I have a bunch of Souns pads, but was thinking of getting some Megs. ones as well. How do the 2 brands compare? Megs better or should i just stick with my Sonus ones?

2. Truls

Truls Two Bucket System Washer

i like them both, but tend to pic the megs pads when detailing...the yellow pad 8006 is a great pad..

3. matrix_808

matrix_808 DB Supporter

what are the pros of the Megs pads?

I like the sonus because it is really dense and doesnt collapse on you, from the pictures i have seen of people using megs pads it seems to collapse a lot, to me it seems like this wears out the pads faster? Also i find sonus pads dont absorb as much polish as i find LC does, but before people say use less product, i use just about the same amount, but at the end of the detail my LC pads usually have more polish in them than my Souns ones. I feel less product waste with Sonus.

4. Truls

Truls Two Bucket System Washer

Megs pads suck up some produkt yes, but for me its the ease of only having 3 pads (same goes with sonus i guess) hard, medium and soft...some make 8 different types and i personaly dont see a point in that..

I started detailing with Megs pads, that may be a reason that i prefer them, what you get used to, often give you the best results cos you then know "how it works"...so if you use Sonus and are happy with that, i wouldnt switch to a different brand (unless your not happy with what you got)

I find Megs pads more stabile in use, but by all means the sonus is also got great pads, so its just what you prefer that counts...

5. Dave KG

Dave KG Jedi Nuba

Is it the SFX Sonus pads you have?

If so, and its a DA you are working with then I would stick with them as the Meguiars pads will have little extra to offer you - but if the pads need replacing, I prefer the Meguiars pads for being slighter softer and I like softer pads personally...

If on rotary, the extra softness of the Meguiars pads over the SFX ones that I have present an advantage as I prefer the use of softer, easier to control over edges pads. The quality of the Megs pads also seem very good to me with my ones lasting well, although they can go a bit egg shaped after a good few uses which sees them relegated to DA use (I hate an out of balance rotary).

6. matrix_808

matrix_808 DB Supporter

i have the SFX ones, and use it on both rotary and PC.

Thanks Dave.