Sonus pads for rotary use?

Discussion in 'Tools - Machine Polishers, Pressure Washers, Detai' started by funfactor89, Feb 18, 2008.

1. funfactor89

funfactor89 Virgin Detailer

Just wondering if anyone is using the sonus pads for rotary use? I have a makita that i just picked up and have been using 3m pads i just don't like how big they are. I'm sure over time i will get used to them just wondering if these would be a good alternative for now being only 6". Sorry for the long post.

2. FMINUS

FMINUS DB Pro Supporter

Thats all I use them for!

3. Nica

Nica Banned

:nod: Sonus + rotary = :worship:

Well at least I think so :headbang: :headbang:

If your stuck on 3M get the UK version of the pads, all come in 6inch size...well that's what I did, got my self some 3M UK pads and they work great..but I really like how dence the Sonus pads are but I like having options :hippie:

4. funfactor89

I really liked the 3M pads but how would i get the UK 6" versions? I'm in the states.

5. maesal

maesal Birth of a Detailer

Are you using SFX or DAS?

6. maesal

Well, or DAS II... I didn't know this new version... have you compared both?

7. Pats300zx

Pats300zx Official DB Moderator

The SFX are much more dense than the DAS...

8. maesal

I have this one:

[​IMG]

and this one:

[​IMG]

The SFX is very nice with the Flex.

9. Deep Gloss Auto Salon

Deep Gloss Auto Salon DB Pro Supporter

I've heard these ones are CRAP.. what's your thoughts?

these are the pads that Chris (eShine) has on sale right now that everyone seems to love for the flex and rotary usage

10. maesal

Well... the green ones are just nice, but I prefer Propel 1 and 2.
    I just used the blue SFX pad with the Flex and the results are great.

11. Al-53

Al-53 Welcome to Detailing

The ones I have have no cut outs on the pad like the green one..but I thought the ones I had were the DAS pads..i may have been wrong..they are 3 years old now....and still work good...I have a ton of pads and keep getting them...just to swap them out so i do not wear them out fast..

Al

12. D&D Auto Detailing

D&D Auto Detailing DB Forum Supporter

Whats the difference between Sonus and LC? I hate using CCS orange on the rotary.

13. Nica

Nica Banned

Well I've been ordering directly from Rich at Polished Bliss UK, I've got about a dozen of the 3M UK version pads and they are great, the blue pad is incredable...one big difference I noticed about the 3M UK blue pad vs the 3M US/Canadian blue pad is the US/Canadian pad falls a part really fast, well that's my experiance with it. But in all honestly it may be because of the size of the pad too. I too prefer the 6inch pads personaly but that's just my choice.

As for getting your hands on some 3M UK pads it may be a bit more expensive but for me it's well worth it, if your interested on the pads google Polished Bliss and check them out on his online store, actually I've got an order pending with Rich for some pads if your interested we could combine the order and when I have them I can send them to you..just a thought that's all....oh alsmot forgot Phil (Detailerd Domain) can get these pads as well :peace:

14. maesal

I agree, the 3M 50388 are amazing. But... have you tried the blue Propel 2? If not, you should give them a try.

15. matrix_808

matrix_808 DB Supporter

is that 9.95 (~$20) price for 1 or 2 pads

16. funfactor89

Thanks for the help

17. Nica

Nica Banned

maesal,can't say I've used the blue Propel 2, what do they look like, got a link by any chance?

The pads come in two, I'm quite pleased with them.

Glad I could help :thumb:

18. Al-53

Al-53 Welcome to Detailing

Last year I bought some 3M black finishing pads 6" and I really liked them....I just bought 10 more last week...they worked great with the Menz PO85Rd they really brought some gloss up..and they were built well and hold up nice....this year I will try them with the ultrafina...I will compare to the blue 3M..I got one from Phil last week...they both almost feel and look alike..just a different color...

AL

19. Nica

Nica Banned

Look forward to your feed back Al :chips:

20. maesal

See here, is the number 36-435.
    I had a link of a seller... but I don't where is it.