Sonus Blue Pads = LC Grey Pads

Discussion in 'Compounds, Polishes, Paint Cleaners, and Glazes' started by chefwong, Apr 27, 2008.

1. chefwong

chefwong Birth of a Detailer

Just got a sonus blue pad in....
    I don't have any grey pads to compare it to right now but....the blue Sonus pads are not as soft/dense as my green AG CCS LC pads.

So me wonders..outloud, how soft or dense the CCS grey pad is based on older posts....
    If the green pads on the LC CCS line is in between the grey and white (finish/polish) range spectrum....just wondering how the Sonus blue stacks up in equivalencey.....

2. detaildoc

detaildoc Guest

I assume you mean the DAS Pads. Below is a thread that I posted a while back ago at Autopia comparing the LC CCS pads with the DAS Pads.
    I recently received my order of the Lake Country CCS 6.5" Pads, so I decided to do a close comparison between the two brands by touch and by putting them to use with my UDM using SFX 2 and 3. What I found is that the DAS pads are pretty much in between the LC pads in terms of abrasiveness. This is great because having both brands gives you a very wide selection to work with. The only pad I did not test was the LC green pad, which the chart in the LC website puts it in between the white and orange pad. My hunch is that in relation to the DAS pads, it falls somewhere between the LC white pad and the DAS orange pad. In "The Detailing handbook" (Foam Pad Chart) they equate the DAS orange pad to the LC orange pad and the DAS green pad to the LC white pad, which I did not find to be the case. Here is a chart I made.

[​IMG]

3. chefwong

chefwong Birth of a Detailer

I was not specific in the OP. I meant the SFX line - aka Eshine, CG ** Sonus** pads

4. detaildoc

detaildoc Guest

Oh, ok, sorry. In that case, I have no clue :doh: