sonus blue pads and m80

Discussion in 'Compounds, Polishes, Paint Cleaners, and Glazes' started by MrPolished&Waxed, Mar 7, 2008.

1. MrPolished&Waxed

MrPolished&Waxed Obsessive Detailer

I tried using the sonus blue pad with m80/PC after m83/8006 on a rotary and it scoured the finish? Are the sonus pads rotary only?

I shook the bottle before using and dampened the pad.

2. Pats300zx

Pats300zx Official DB Moderator

Are you sure you worked the polish long enough? The Sonus pads are for the PC and rotary.

3. eShine

eShine Guest

Sounds like you didn't work it long enough, didn't use enough product, or worked it too long.

4. MrPolished&Waxed

MrPolished&Waxed Obsessive Detailer

i put it on the pad in a circle around the outside and worked a 3x3 till it was clear? on speed 5

Have you seen this scouring from not woking the product long enough?

5. Deep Gloss Auto Salon

Deep Gloss Auto Salon DB Pro Supporter

Yes - This will happen from not not long enough as well as too long as stated above.

If you do not worked it long enough the abrasives will not have diminished to the *polishing* state... If too long you will dry buff and the pad will marr or "scour"

I cannt speak to m80 in particular as I have not used it

6. 2KLS1

2KLS1 Birth of a Detailer

Not sure how much this will help you out but FWIW at the Meg's detailing class Mike Phillips worked M80 for only two or three passes with the G110 and a finishing pad. I'm guessing you don't need to work the polish a whole lot before its done but I've never used it so I don't know for sure. I should have asked him that day if that was really all it takes or if the polish could have been worked a little more.