Sonax Polymer Netshield

Discussion in 'Car Detailing Product Discussion' started by 12`WRX, Sep 29, 2013.

1. 12`WRX

12`WRX Virgin Detailer

So here is a quick review on this product.
    I wanted to give a little something over my EXOv2 to make sure it stays best it can over winter. I didnt want to lose the hydrophobic ability that EXO has and thats why i chose the Sonax as it seems to bead and sheet water with the same constancy as EXOv2.
    Application was pretty easy. I use a red Hex foam pad for application.
    I only sprayed a very little bit per section as a little goes a very long way. I cut up large areas into sections such as the hood and roof I split up in 4 so it wouldnt dry on me and make it a PITA to remove. Also for a 4door WRX sedan I did the front doors in 2 sections and rears in 1 since they are smaller. If it was a larger car I would probably split rear doors in 2 parts as well. I used the Snow Drift MF towel from CarPro-us.
    Snow Drift: Edgeless Polish Removal - 16" x 16" - www.CarPro-US.com
    They proved to be an excellent towel for removal of the product. I have read others had issues with removal or some smearing. These towels just wiped it clean off with no residue left behind.
    I am very pleased with how the application went and I think the car looks great.
    I got my Sonax and the red hex applicator from Autoality.com
    Quick video of Application
    Sonax Polymer Net Shield applied to my 2012 WRX - YouTube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vvd0cT8ubeM

Photos
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. kaiten408

kaiten408 Jedi Nuba

It's great stuff, I love coating my wheels with it. I think I'm going to pick up some Sonax Brilliant Shine QD, I hear that it compliments the Polymer Net Shield well.

3. v|nsan|ty

v|nsan|ty Obsessive Detailer

Good call I recently applied this as a topper to my OC 2.0 in preparation for winter. I used a similar red foam pad and application went well, with just a little going a long way. A quick spritz for each panel and there's plenty enough to thoroughly coat the working panel. I initially used a blue CG towel and it left smearing. Went over to a yellow CG towel and still smearing. Resorted to using a cookie monster and it worked way better. Removal of this product needs a towel with more bite to avoid smearing.

GDAL likes this.
  4. GDAL

GDAL Super Moderator

I absolutely love this product. It's a real gem for customers that don't want to spend the money on a coating, but want durable protection and it works wonders as a coating topper.

5. zerix

zerix New Member

I was curious for people who use this as a LSP, when you wash the car do you use any sort of QD as a drying aid? Or does it just bead/sheet so well that you just flood the car, dry it, then top with Sonax Brilliant Shine Detailer?

jnicklo likes this.
  6. jnicklo

jnicklo New Member

Also curious if this replaces a LSP/Carnuba Wax.

7. MGEVOX

MGEVOX New Member

I use BSD as a drying aid every other wash or so. It's not needed but it seems to add a little more protection and tighter beads next wash. And yes like I stated in other thread no need for wax.

8. jnicklo

jnicklo New Member

Applied Polymer Net Shield for the first time last night. Very easy to apply. I'm not sure if I used too much of it or not (1-2 spritzes onto the applicator, per body panel on a 14' Ford Fusion).

Applied with: Uber Hex Grip Hand Wax and Sealant Applicator Pad
    Removed with: Cobra Miracle Towel (only needed to use 1)

One thing I noticed was that when applying with the Hex Pad, there was a slight feel of resistance until the PNS worked it's way onto the surface. When it was applied, you could feel the Hex Pad glide much more smoothly up and down the paint.

General removal was a total breeze. I unfortunately have horrible light in my garage so it was very hard to see if I had removed the product on certain parts of the car (lower panels, underneath the mirrors). Got to love apartment living but at least I have a garage right?

By the time I was done, it was dark out so no before and after photos but I can tell you it feels and looks the same as if I had used a carnuba hand wax. Excited to see how it holds up.

9. zerix

zerix New Member

It should hold up well, they claim 6 months which is about as good as you can expect out of a sealant, however you can honestly extend the life indefinitely if you just keep using Sonax Brilliant Shine Detailer. The hydrophobic effect is amazing, you'll be surprised the next time you wash the car.

10. jnicklo

jnicklo New Member

Very nice. Hopefully within 6 months I'll have a nice big driveway and 2-car garage and the overall process will be much quicker. Detailing a car in this narrow 1-car driveway/garage was a nightmare! It made a 2 hour detail last almost 45 hours.

(Wheels, Wash, Decon, Dry, Seal)

11. Runge

Runge New Member

waiting see how it works out! I have a can sitting just waiting for my new car that's coming in 3 weeks :)

12. MGEVOX

MGEVOX New Member

My has worn off all but completely now but we have had one of the worst winters ever and I applied it back in October. So I can't complain just wish it would warm up so i can reapply I hit it with some BSD this weekend, looks great at least..

13. MGEVOX

MGEVOX New Member

You'll love it it beads like it is noones business. When I apply I always hit the applicator not the car with the spray but maybe I did it improperly.

14. jnicklo

jnicklo New Member

That's what I did too. A few spritzes on the applicator per body panel.

15. MGEVOX

MGEVOX New Member

Ok sounded like you were spraying the panel itself.

16. jnicklo

jnicklo New Member

Fixed my post to be a little more detailed on the method.

17. Meticulous-Detail

Meticulous-Detail DB Forum Supporter

How does PNS compare to Adams spray sealant?

18. zerix

zerix New Member

Well this is the first spring I've had Sonax PNS on any of my families cars and I must say it is not holding up well to the massive amounts of pollen we've had here in Florida. Beading is suffering greatly and sort of has me depressed because I absolutely love this sealant but I think I might be moving on to either Cquartz UK/Gtechniq C1+EXO v2 or a combination of both, but we'll see.

19. MGEVOX

MGEVOX New Member

How long have you had it on?

20. zerix

zerix New Member

Various lengths, one within the last few weeks and the beading has fallen off significantly.