Sonax Polymer Net Shield questions

Discussion in 'Car Detailing Product Discussion' started by Meticulous-Detail, Nov 17, 2013.

1. Meticulous-Detail

Meticulous-Detail DB Forum Supporter

For those that have used Sonax PNS, have a few questions:

Can it be applied to all vehicle surfaces such as windows, matte black, chrome, plastic trim, wheels etc?

Is there a cure time?

Can a second application be applied immediately, is it necessary, will it increase longevity?

What is the durability/longevity on a DD parked outside 24/7 with a wash every 2-3 weeks? I know it says up to 6 months, but I am looking for real world numbers.

How long does it last on wheels?

How does it compare to other types sealants you have previously used?

2. detailersdomain

detailersdomain Administrator

I have started to use it on the glass and it does work, I'm still not sure I like it on the front windshield.

It will work on chrome and wheels well. As fro the plastic trim so far so good on them too.

You can do the second coat for coverage.

I have seen up to 4-5 months on the wife's Q7 that sits outside and gets washed 2 times a month.

A good way to keep it lasting longer is every other wash use Sonax Brilliant Shine Detailer (it's a cut down version of PNS)

Just about every car we get now goes out with PNS, unless its a show car looking for gloss or a costing service.

On wheels I can't really tell for sure at least a month or 2.

Stokdgs likes this.
  3. Meticulous-Detail

Thanx Phil, going to pick some up on next order.

4. Pureshine

Pureshine DB Pro Supporter

How many cars are you getting out of one can Phil?

5. Meticulous-Detail

+1

6. DJBAILEY

DJBAILEY Birth of a Detailer

There's alot in the can. I don't use very much per layer. I bet you can do at least 8-10 cars.

7. Beachzone

Beachzone Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Any info on cure time after application?

Does it play well on vinyl?

My entire car is vinyl wrapped and coated with CQ finest. I bought myself a can of spns to top it with. Tia

-Beach

8. JordanL

JordanL Virgin Detailer

9. Beachzone

10. zerix

zerix New Member

Would also like to know this, thinking about getting some of this on Black Friday/Cyber Monday.

Also here is another question I posted in the other PNS thread:

I was curious for people who use this as a LSP, when you wash the car do you use any sort of QD as a drying aid? Or does it just bead/sheet so well that you just flood the car, dry it, then top with Sonax Brilliant Shine Detailer? I currently have the BSD and love it but I don't think it was really designed as a drying aid, I think it needs to be used on dry paint to work effectively without smearing.

11. MGEVOX

MGEVOX New Member

Here is what I woke up to on my car that is DD and outside 24/7. I have had PNS applied for over a month and a half I just topped it with BSD last wash.

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:4566]
    [sharedmedia=gallery:images:4565]

Sorry pics were taken with my phone. I can't say how happy I am with the results PNS has given so far.

12. Beachzone

Cure time after application before getting wet?

Anyone?

-Beach

13. okay65829

okay65829 Active Member

No cure time as far as I can tell. Absolutely make sure the surface is free of any other waxes or sealants.

14. Paul S

Paul S Birth of a Detailer

I took my Sonax PNS with me to the Indianapolis Mecum Auction last week. While applying it to the cars I was polishing at least 25 people ask me what I was using. I ended up selling two of my cans and the Sonax booth must of also sold a ton of it. Love the way it looks and even happier the way it last.