Sonax Paint Cleaners

Discussion in 'Car Detailing Product Discussion' started by kaiten408, Jun 11, 2013.

1. kaiten408

kaiten408 Jedi Nuba

So I've read some good things on here about the Sonax Paint Cleaner, especially in regards to finishing out soft paints. It appears to have some fine abrasives along with some carnauba wax to finish off nicely.

My question is what is the difference of the Paint Cleaner versus the Premium Class Paint Cleaner? The premium appears to cost twice as much per volume. Is it a chemical cleaner or abrasive cleaner? Does it apply any protection to the paint or is strictly a cleaner?

Thanks for any help with this question.

2. kaiten408

kaiten408 Jedi Nuba

Well I kept searching the forums and found a thread about it, nano-technology-paint-cleaner-vs-premium-class

So NTPC has non-diminishing abrasives while the premium PC has diminishing abrasives with no wax or fillers. Does this mean that the premium paint cleaner can achieve a higher gloss than the NTPC?

3. Stokdgs

Stokdgs Detail Master

I have used the Sonax Paint Cleaner Nano Pro, in the Gray Plastic 500ml container on an older White Cadillac Gigonda Model :) severely dirty, never been Detailed, with a Rotary and my trusty Lake Country Hydro-Shred-Cyan foam pads, and it absolutely turned the paint beautiful !
    The product removed a lot of brown nastiness from the paintwork and deposited it in the blue foam pad. This is after a really good wash and claybar which also removed a ton of brown embedded stuff too.

I liked the way it worked, it left a nice base of some kind of carnuba wax on the paint that I topped with Einszett HartzGlanz liquid wax x 2. It was blinding in the sun!

Have just briefly messed with the Sonax Premium Class Paint Cleaner, Black Bottle, 250ml,and its not as user-friendly for my needs. It appears to do a really good job, but would take longer for me.
    This product should be able to get a higher gloss because it is a straight paint cleaner and not carrying other products like wax, etc... It is just not too easy for me and the Rotary. I need to spend more time with it someday.. I dont read hardly anything on it on any of the 3 Forums I try to stay up on... Perhaps someone else can chime in here ???

May get a vehicle in sometime that I can try it out on.. All my vehicles have Opti-Guard on them so I am done experimenting on them for awhile...

Your link did not work for me - Google could not find the destination...

Good luck with your research !
    Dan F

4. kaiten408

kaiten408 Jedi Nuba

Fixed the link.

I'm thinking of getting a bottle of the nano tech paint cleaner and comparing the correction ability versus Menzerna FMJ. I need to find a new AIO for quick jobs, it sounds like NTPC could be just that.

5. Stokdgs

Stokdgs Detail Master

Kaiten408 -

Thanks for fixing the link - it reinforces what we have been talking about already. And the guy from Sonax said the same thing as well.

You still have some Menzerna FMJ !!! Wow, that takes me back a few years when ClassicMotoring was the place to post and stuff,, Those guys got with Menzerna and had that product made. I may still have one of those white square bottles of it too !!

Was just thinking - if you want to try a really good polish that cuts great and keeps cutting as long as you want with no dusting, etc., you might want to look at Optimum Hyper Polish.
    I have used this a few times on some corrections and its a really nice product. Depending on the pad, foam, you use, it will cut/correct more or less, and not matter what, it will always finish down really nice and clear.

I use a Rotary so it gets a workout from me and I have found it to be very predictable and easy to use.

Optimum also sells a Compound that is the harder hitter of the 2 spray bottles, and I have a bottle of it also, but I have never tried it out. Im happy as heck with the lighter Hyper Polish product and again, with a Rotary, I can remove some pretty good defects and not have to go back,, because once you see you are good at the correcting phase, you ease up and let it finish down even more and its done!

It is a polish only and has no other things in it like the Sonax gray bottle Paint Cleaner...

But if you are really looking for an AIO and not going back to do anything else, then for sure the Sonax Paint Cleaner Nano Pro gray bottle can do this and has for me many times.

Good luck with your research !
    Dan F