Sonax Paint cleaner review

Discussion in 'Car Detailing Product Discussion' started by Frankastic, Feb 9, 2014.

1. Frankastic

Frankastic Detail Photographer

Hi guys

I like to do a review on this hidden gem, the Sonax paint cleaner. I love paint cleaners, since I'm busy all the time. I don't have time to take care of my own cars. Paint cleaners are my go to. I use them before a wax or sealant, they offer some abrasives, oil or glaze to hid imperfections and cleaning ability.

Sonax Paint cleaner

( From Sonax )

Description [SIZE=10pt]SONAX Paint Cleaner [/SIZE]is based on a newly developed combination of effective ingredients;specially formulated for heavily weather-worn paintwork and painted parts. Highly-effective abrasives easily remove the damaged clear coat layer. Hazing disappears and leaves a new, deep-gloss restored color. Nano Technology engineered, Carnauba Wax particles penetrate the small cracks and crevices protecting the paint surface for several weeks.

- Usage

I use it to clean chrome trims, polish paint, and prep for sonax netshield. I find that you can mix it with Sonax 4/6 and kill 2 stones in one combo, but this tends saturated the pads quicker. So if you're going to try this. I would have 3-5 pads in handy. I prefer the orange uber pads, rupes yellow pad, and uber geen pad for the cleaner.

- Performance

I compare it to Sonax 3/6. Soanx uses scale of 6 to rate their polishes. 3 is the cut and 6 is the finish. So if I were to rate this cleaner, it would be a 2/6.

- Price Point

It retails for $20 and I got 6-8 out of a 500 ML bottle.

- Costs per Application

roughly $3-5 per car. depending what you're using it for. If you decide to use it as a polish trying to remove defects, then you'll use more

- Conclusion

Its great product for yearly polish just to shine things up.

- Pros

polish, cleans and seal in one step. can be topped with Sonax net shield for greater protection. * note Sonax net shield goes on smoother with paint cleaner on paint.

- Cons

Bottle shape is easy too tip off, and awkward to fit in pockets. The dispenser tend to easily dispense more product with just a small squeeze. Can be hard to remove if left on paint longer than 5 mins, I would wipe it off right after use. If its hard to come off, I spray some water onto the paint and wipes right off.

- Final Score
    from 1- 10. I rate it 8.

I hope you find this review useful
    Franki

2. detailersdomain

detailersdomain Administrator

edited photos to follow per Frankastic

Great review.

3. JordanL

JordanL Virgin Detailer

Thanks for the review! I got a bottle of this a little while back but never had a chance to try it out. Will be doing so when the weather warms up.

4. GDAL

GDAL Super Moderator

Thanks for the review. I'm definitively going to try this out!

5. boredstudent3

boredstudent3 Wax on..Wax off

thanks for the review

6. GDAL

GDAL Super Moderator

Forgot to ask ... does this AIO stain trim?

7. Nifty

Nifty Virgin Detailer

I just got a bottle of this from Phil and after reading this I'm even more excited about it.

I plan to try it out on my black VW (with 130k miles) I leave parked outside (In Florida) all the time. I really won't get a black car again but the VW has been a great test subject for a lot of products.