Sonax Full Effect, Adam's APC, Nero, Wheel Armour

Discussion in 'Pre Wash, Wash, Decon, Claying, Engine, Wheels, an' started by detailersdomain, Aug 19, 2010.

1. detailersdomain

detailersdomain Administrator

Sonax Full Effect, Adam's APC, Prima Nero and Wheel Armour in action.

Figured I would post how these all work together.

These dirty Audi Q7 S-Line wheels (about 1 month of brake dust) were cleaned with Sonax Full Effect Wheel Cleaner (no brushes where used, just a pressure washer and the wheel cleaner). The tires were cleaned up with Adam's APC. After the rims and tires where dry, we applied Prima Nero on the tires for a satin finish. Prima Wheel Armour to them for a durable finish and nice shine.

Wheels were extremely caked up with brake dust
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sonax Full Effect Wheel Cleaner in action!
    [​IMG]

Adam's All Purpose Cleaner does a very effective job of cleaning all the grime off the tires, readying them for dressing.
    [​IMG]

Clean wheels and tires
    [​IMG]

Prima Nero and Wheel Armour to finish them up.
    [​IMG]

Final results look impressive!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The products used above are listed below.
    Adam's All Purpose Cleaner
    Sonax Full Effect Wheel Cleaner
    Prima Nero
    Prima Wheel Armour

2. vtec92civic

vtec92civic Nuba Guru

looks good phil. i can't wait to eventually try sonax

3. SilverGTV8

SilverGTV8 Jedi Nuba

You'll love it! getting ready to purchase my second 5 liter jug in a few weeks!

4. RustyBumper

RustyBumper Jedi Nuba

How many cars did your first one last?

5. vtec92civic

vtec92civic Nuba Guru

do you use it straight or dilute it? It is pricey though isn't it?

How strong is it in terms of taking off break dust? Is it meant for more of a maintained rim or?

it will all depend on how dirty the wheels are . . . . . since each vehicle may require a different amoutn im sure the amount of cars or wheels will vary.

6. rwright

rwright Birth of a Detailer

Sonax cleans that well without agitation? I'm impressed.

7. RustyBumper

RustyBumper Jedi Nuba

It would be interesting to see how well it cleans wheels that haven't been properly cleaned in over six months.

8. SilverGTV8

SilverGTV8 Jedi Nuba

It does a great job with little to no agitation. I usually can get 4 cars out of 500mL. I have done a few cars with it that have not been washed in 5mths, sprayed it on let it dwell for 5mins or so, Swissvax wheel brush to the tight spots, uber brush to get the barrel, wipe the rest of the rim with a MF wash towel, hose off... Owners were amazed at how easy it came of, they had spent hrs the first time he detailed the rims trying to get the brake dust off (STi BBS wheels) and got 1/2 of the result I got in 10mins with no effort... Needless to say they placed an order with Phil :)

I don't use it for all maintenance washes. My Xterra and Rav4 get it every other week. My S2000 gets it every time I wash the car, I use a track rated pad that are really dusty and the Sonax pretty much guarantees I get it all off.

9. JoeyZ

JoeyZ Obsessive Detailer

Yup. Thats the only issue. I love the stuff, and use a lot of it.