Sonax Dashboard Cleaner vs 303 Aerospace Cleaner

Discussion in 'Interior Car Care' started by Kaban, Jan 4, 2011.

1. Kaban

Kaban Welcome to Detailing

I searched and found no threads comparing the two cleaners.

For those who have used both the Sonax dashboard cleaner and the 303 Aerospace cleaner and spot remover, how do the two compare to one another?

Which one is better and to what degree?

Is Sonax worth the extra $$?

2. Emile

Emile Welcome to Detailing

Which 303 product are you talking about? 303 Aerospace Protectant is just a protectant. 303 Fabric Cleaner is just a cleaner, and 303 Cleaner & Spot Remover is a carpet/upholstery cleaner.

3. Kaban

Kaban Welcome to Detailing

I think I made it fairly clear..... "303 Aerospace Cleaner and Spot Remover"...

From my understanding it could be used on everything from plastics to dashboard.

Do you have anything to contribute here as far as my question regarding the two products?

4. blacK20

blacK20 Birth of a Detailer

I believe the 303 cleaner and spot remover is strictly a cleaner whereas the sonax will leave behind some conditioners. Never used the 303 on plastics though.

5. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

Sonax stuff is like 1z cockpit, great for light work and decently well maintanted car....if it is trashed or really dirty/stick/crud you will need as dedicated cleaner like a APC, vinyl cleaner, ext.

6. Emile

It's called 303 Cleaner & Spot Remover, there's no Aerospace in the title, so I thought maybe you were referring to the 303 Aerospace Protectant. Anyways, 303 Cleaner is a great carpet and upholstery cleaner and I mainly only use it for stubborn stains in the carpet.

Sonax Dashboard Cleaner is an interior cleaner/protectant that cleans and leaves a matte finish of protection, meant for door panels, dashboard, etc.

Both products are for different surfaces, and the Sonax Dashboard Cleaner leaves protection behind.

7. Emile

I just tried the Sonax Dashboard Cleaner on my vehicle's plastic panels on the door sills. I'm surprised how matte it is, I can't tell the difference the areas I hit with Sonax and the areas I hit with Cockpit Premium. Also used it on the dash of the Pilot and it is completely matte, it looks like nothing is there. This really is a top notch product.

Anybody else using Dashboard Cleaner regularly?

8. jaynick808

jaynick808 Virgin Detailer

i prefer 303 aerospace and optimum protectant. leaves a nice satin finish.
    sonax is so matte i cant tell if i missed anywhere. if you like 1z cockpit you will like sonax.

9. Eleotay

Eleotay Virgin Detailer

Sonax is great, I use it for my interiors if things aren't to nasty. Leaves a great matte finish and has a nice scent. I definitely recommend it.

10. tonipieleanu

tonipieleanu Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Sure do, it's one of my favorites.
    I've used it for about 2years but now I kind of switch between Sonax and Sonus Cockpit Detailer. The Sonus stuff is also matte but seems to revive colour a little better.

Great stuff, both of them!