Sonax Alcantara/Suede Cleaner Review

Discussion in 'Car Detailing Product Discussion' started by .:RTime, Mar 12, 2014.

1. .:RTime

.:RTime Any Rag Vehicle Washer

I recently was lucky enough to get to test some of the new Sonax alcantara/suede cleaner out sent to me by Phil. I tested the cleaner on my 2012 Golf R Euro OEM Recaro seats that I have. Now, these seats were not super dirty, but the car is my weekend/fun car. The car is driven thought so it see's some wear. I usually clean it weekly when i drive it in the summertime as the car is heavily modded so it is not driven during the winter time. Now for the important information!

Im not the best photographer by any means, but here are some pics from my review.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The seats before cleaning

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The daily crumbs and dirt the build up on the clingy alcantara

[​IMG]

Applying the foam onto the seat

[​IMG]

Using a damp microfiber i worked the foam cleaner into the seat

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After working the cleaner in i like it sit for 10 minutes before wipe the seat back off with a clean microfiber

[​IMG]

Cleaning the top part of the seat

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The final fresh and clean product!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hard to see but the microfiber does have some dirt on it from wiping the seats back off after 10 min,

[​IMG]

My seats were not filthy but I used them for about a year or so and have never cleaned them. In the pics it does not look like it pulled dirt but the yellow microfiber did have some dirt on it. The cleaner its self easily works into the fabric and seems to clean well. It did not pull any color out of the seats and leaves them smelling fresh and clean. The cleaner it self has a strong smell to it but smells good. I let the seats dry for about a half hour or so after before putting the car back in the garage and they felt and smelled clean. Over all, i liked the cleaner and would recommend it to people with someone with alcantara. It is safe and cleans the seats well. Also, alcantara is a fabric you have to be careful with and do not want to use normal cleaners on. All in all, another great product from Sonax, and thanks again Phil for letting me test it out!

detailersdomain and DB Boss like this.
  2. JordanL

JordanL Virgin Detailer

Thanks for the review!

detailersdomain and DB Boss like this.
  3. JohnsHandWash&Wax

JohnsHandWash&Wax New Member

Nice review. I am not even going to ask how much you paid for those seats. I would love a pair in my B6 Passat so bad!

detailersdomain likes this.
  4. detailersdomain

detailersdomain Administrator

thanks for sharing Ben.

5. mikek82890

mikek82890 New Member

just curious if you ever used the leather master foam cleaner?? and if so, how is it in comparison to the sonax? i have the leather master foam cleaner for leather suede and alcantara and i love it but im always up to try something if theres a possibilty of it being better lol