Something Different - Toyota Aristo

Discussion in 'Show and Shine' started by Tire Shredder, Jun 3, 2010.

1. Tire Shredder

Tire Shredder Jedi Nuba

This client was a referral from the Yaris I posted up a couple weeks ago. It’s a preety neat car, so I thought I would share!

It’s a Toyota Aristo, basically similar to the Lexus GS. It’s got the Toyota Supra’s 2JZ-GTE. This car has been imported from Japan and is thus RHD. It had stuff shipped on it’s roof and damaged it severely, it must be repainted, as you see. I was, however able to get out most of the scratches and scuffs that covered every corner of the car. I had to use my orange pad on this one, it was just too bad for the green.

I was asked to clean the interior, and do what I could with the exterior.

Exterior
    Detailer's pride foam cannon shampoo used in riccardo foam cannon
    2 bucket wash
    zep citrus at 3:1
    2 bucket wash method
    tarminator
    Clay Magic with ONR lube
    60/40 IPA wipedown
    Menz power finish 1 stage correction
    orange LC pad using Porter Cable 7424XP
    karcher 2.360 pressure washer
    meg's natural shine

Waxed with Coli 845 on LC gold pad

Wheels/Tires
    Zep Citrus in the wheel wells
    AG CWC for the wheels,
    tarminator
    Duragloss 253 tire shine.
    Racglaze brushes and XL wheel brush for all exterior
    No touch tire foam in wheel wells

Interior
    Eureka enviro steamer on all panels
    spray 'n wash fabric cleaner, hot water extraction with shop vac
    Folex for spot treating
    floor mat's pressure washed, and rigid WD4070 shop vac extraction
    zep pro glass cleaner
    rigid wd4070 + auto detailing kit
    Aerospace 303 on all panels.

BEFORE

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

You can see the swirls from here!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Horrible wheels

[​IMG]

Tape was holding the headlight on. can you see it?

[​IMG]

Uhhhh
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

it was hard to capture that dirt like this was everywhere! funny how other "detailers" will do everything but the actual details. "I shampooed your carpet, give me $100!" they say, and don't actually detail the car.

no worries, I'll take care of this!

[​IMG]

These mats are thick! and dirty! it looks like brake cleaner was spilt all over them, I wasn't able to get all the stains out, but I made a big difference.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

the nice motor

[​IMG]

the roof damage

[​IMG]

taking care of the jambs with ZC

[​IMG]

mats out of the car

[​IMG]

Steamer!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This was black...

[​IMG]

don't forget the parking brake!

[​IMG]

these were never done, should have seen the black crap that came out of them.

[​IMG]

all the seats looked like this. I was actually a little excited to take the scuffs off, clean the fabric and my favourite...the buttons!

[​IMG]

This came out of the passenger seat

[​IMG]

carpet taken care of

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

That's better!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

don't forget the under-seat vents!

[​IMG]

customer asked me to remove this

[​IMG]

I preasoaked it with ZC and give it a run over with the steamer. then hit with the pressure washer. I cleaned the reside with tarminator, then washed with car soap, clayed and polished.

[​IMG]

pre-soaked with ZC to remove LSP and then foam!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

no more wax... not that there was any in the first place!

[​IMG]

the clay after 1/2 the hood

[​IMG]

tyring out some 50/50 on the hood with the orange pad.

[​IMG]

this is the passenger door lower valence. heavily oxidized. was able to get some gloss back!

[​IMG]

whole door 50/50 oh yeah!!
    [​IMG]

After Exterior

Much better!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

the paint was metallic?? who knew!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks for looking. Comments and suggestions always welcome!

2. dsms

dsms DB Forum Supporter

nice work !

3. Wow, that thing was a filthy mess. Great save :applause:

4. billyblooshoes

billyblooshoes DB Forum Supporter

wow it came out great! really nice work.

5. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

Nice work!!!

6. Tire Shredder

Tire Shredder Jedi Nuba

thanks guys! haha I just realized you can see my supra across the street in the last picture!

7. eyezack87

eyezack87 Guest

Nice job. I worked on a LHD conversion last year. I love the JDM style much more than USDM :)

8. nyrep1

nyrep1 Obsessive Detailer

car looks great dude....mind sharing you lgm method on the seats? never thought to use mine on cloth seats. for carpets i spot treat with folex then spray with zep high traffic, then resolve foam and extract with lgm with hot water only. then shop vac with a modded lgm brush.....you seem to get great results and i need to tweak mine

9. Tire Shredder

Tire Shredder Jedi Nuba

my method sounds very similar to yours! I wasn't happy with zep HT after a couple cars I did, so I switched over to my trusty spray 'n wash that I got hooked on years ago.

after a thorough vacuum, I spot treat all the bad spots with folex, and I have a bottle of spray 'n wash that's somewhere around 50/50 mixed with water. I mist it over the entire area and let it sit while I work on something else, usually another interior part, I may agitate it, may not.

When I'm ready to tackle the area I have water heated up in a kettle. not boiling, but close to it and put it in the LGM. I mist the entire area again, paying close attention to the spotted areas. Then I get out the brush and scrub everything.

Finally, I extract with the LGM using straight hot water. I never put cleaner in my LGM. Not only do I try and make it the goal to get out the dirt, but I keep going until I get the soap out. I find leftover soap makes the carpets crunch and attracts more dirt. I do two extraction strokes for every one spray with the machine. However, this leaves the carpets still quite damp, due to the LGM's power.

I then take the filter out of the Rigid WD4070 and attach the upholster attachment (wide, narrow nozzle, like the LGM's head) and go over everything with a few swipes. This pulls out a lot of water.

This whole process is the same for the seats and carpet, I just use a softer brush on the seats. Headliners just get the folex and a light brush with the LGM's brush...use minimal water with no shop vac....must try to be as gentle as possible.

On this car, I put on my Brush attachment on the Vacuum to put in the vac lines. I may try and modify and LGM nozzle to fit on my vac, may help give me a little more water lift out of the things. do you have any pictures or write ups on how you did such a thing?

I do something similar the the mats as the carpet process, but I use a pressure washer...I don't use the LGM at all. just vac, treat, scrub, pressure wash, vac. repeat.

10. lgixxer

lgixxer Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Nice work. Thank you for the carpet cleaning method. I was about to ask the same thing. Can you do the same for the wash? - I just got my foam cannon on Wednesday and will be using it soon for the first time.

pre-soaked with ZC to remove LSP and then foam!
    1. Pres-soaked with zc
    2. Foam-cannon

11. Tire Shredder

Tire Shredder Jedi Nuba

yup that's what I do. I use the garden pressure spray after wetting the whole car down and spray it with the 4:1 ZC. I immediatley foam the car and let it dwell for a couple minutes. I agitated all the body seams, gas door, emblems etc. with my raceglaze wheel brush and about by the time I am done that it is ready to be rinsed.

Some people like to mix it in with their foam solution but I choose to keep it seperate. This way I don't have to dump out, re-mix, waste or fiddle around with my foam cannon if I have a simple maintenance wash the next day. I think putting on the ZC by itself and then foaming serves the same purpose as extending the dwelling time of the ZC safely, that mixing it in with soap does.

However, this probably isn't as thorough as mixing.

Everyone, please take my recommendations and methods with a grain of salt. These are techniques and products I have come up with by reading this forum and little twists here and there based on my very short experience. I've only been doing this professionally for a couple weeks! there are much better members on here to take advice from. so those of you that have been around for awhile, please step in and correct me if I am off-point.

12. slanguage

slanguage OD On Detailing

Nice work. That interior looks 1000x better. Love those JDM cars.

13. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

Great job on that. Looks way better.

14. richy

richy Guest

Great job on a unique car. We need more of those in Ontario!

15. nyrep1

nyrep1 Obsessive Detailer

spray and wash like you use to wash clothes?

16. Tire Shredder

Tire Shredder Jedi Nuba

yup it's a laundry stain remover. it can handle most stains, and i've found it great with colourfastness... i've never seen it remove colour from fabrics.

17. detaildoc

detaildoc Guest

Awesome job!

18. sal329

sal329 Nuba Guru

Great job bringing the car back still one of my fav cars. Awesome job on the interior thank you for sharing. Where do you get spray n wash, who makes it?

19. Tire Shredder

Tire Shredder Jedi Nuba

I think it was a Proctor and Gamble product and has just been recently purchased by Reckitt Benckiser. it should be sold under the name "resolve" soon. I buy it from canadian tire. $3.00 for a 1 Litre refill bottle that doesn't have a sprayer. You should be able to pick it up at grocery stores, too.

20. richy

richy Guest

Sal...you've obviously NEVER done laundry!! hahahaha. That stuff has been around forever. I will have to try this on my next nasty stain. I picked up a bottle for home as a one gallon refill from Zehrs.