someone please clear this up

Discussion in 'Last Steps: Waxes, Sealants, and Coatings' started by rfinkle2, Jan 18, 2011.

1. rfinkle2

rfinkle2 DB Forum Supporter

OK. someone who actually knows what is going on please explain...AQUARTZ vs CQUARTZ and before you do

WHICK LINK IS THE REAL DEAL (AVI is mentioned on the second site)

Home

or

"AQuartz Crystal Titan PPF Coatings"

BECAUSE... we are ordering from eshine.ca and I personally would like to know what is legit and what is not (ordered reload from e-shine)

this AQUARTZ / CQUARTZ mess needs to be cleared up.

2. Trents_goat5.7

Trents_goat5.7 Jedi Nuba

I have also wondered this. I'm going to guess the first link is the legit one. The guy in the second link needs to brush up on his grammar skills.

3. rfinkle2

if this is the case, and eshine just got their shipment from Korea....

4. dankfanatic

dankfanatic Guest

sounds like theres some drama over these 2 brands....

5. corrswitch

corrswitch Jedi Nuba

agreed, I'm confused now as well.

Seems eshine has the soap gel though.

That's from Carpro but that's not from Korea... based on looking at the sites.

6. rfinkle2

what is even more confusing is the recent mention of shipping charges e-shine incurred from korea.

(mentioned on their thread concerning a new shipment of c-quartz)

7. Legacy99

Legacy99 Wax on..Wax off

Two different products, but same inventor.

8. togwt

togwt Nuba Guru

I think AQuartz is the original product (very few chemical products obtain a trademark / patent as the formulas change periodically) and due to confusion some resellers changed the name

9. I'm curious as well. OptiCoat is not a nano coating. But when comparing it to these products on another forum, I mentioned to the group and Avi that OC has a polymer that has a 9h hardness when cured/dehydrated. He stated that this hardness was unobtainable (I disagree), but now I see on the site you posted they are claiming hardnesses of 9-12H.

10. rfinkle2

thanks you! there is something strange going on here. Avi is the contact for c-quartz, and told me to order from e-shine, but e-shine paid korean duties all while the korean site bashes avi.

11. kyoshiro

kyoshiro DB Forum Supporter

i am confused to hell with both websites. so i decided to email the korean one and gave em a bit of rant and we'll see if they send me any samples or verify anything. Im now actually quite disheartend to even try out my cquartz sampler and possibly go for OptiCoat (though wont be this month as i will be wanting to have a rotary first)

12. RustyBumper

RustyBumper Jedi Nuba

You could trying contacting each company and see what they have to say.

13. rfinkle2

i'm not trying to discourage anyone from using either product, I would just like to find out what / who is legit.

Sorry about that.

14. Rcrew

Rcrew Wax on..Wax off

Something is fishy here....
    I just emailed the Korean/Japanese company about the free sample they mention on their website disclaimer.

Let's get to the bottom of this.

I will be doing a 50/50 of Cquartz/Opti-Coat on my car in the spring. Perhaps now I will need to add a section for Aquartz. Will post up about it.

15. detailersdomain

detailersdomain Administrator

I was told Avi ships everything out of Korea, that is where is warehouse is.

16. rfinkle2

maybe that is where the confusion lies. avi's website (cquartz) lists the headquarters as cyprus (in the E.U.)

17. detailersdomain

detailersdomain Administrator

headquarters and warehouses do not have to be in the same place. there are satellite offices.

eg I know many of the manufacturers we carry use 3rd party warehouses, these centers will ship and control inventory for them.

18. rfinkle2

understandably so, but given the emphasis on the cquartz website that they are not the korean company who allegedly ripped them off still makes it suspect.

19. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

It could be manuf. in Korea, they do have lots of nano-coating experience there, engineered in Europe (or improved) and manuf in Asia.

20. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

my bottle of Cquarts says - made in Japan. And according to Richy's review, Cquartz is easier to work with...hmmmm...sounds like they were partners, but now don't get along...