Some new goodies...Autogeek and RagShack

Discussion in 'Car Detailing Product Discussion' started by Dangler, Dec 23, 2009.

1. Dangler

Dangler Birth of a Detailer

Picked up a few things for my side detailing business.

DODO Juice Red Mist
    Hydro-Tech Pads
    3.75" Backing plate for my Flex Rotary
    Free Gifts - 8 foam applicator pads and a model ford engine Christmas Tree Ornament.
    [​IMG]

DODO Juice 6 Wax Sampler
    Hardy Candy
    Blue Velvet
    Rainforest Rub
    Purple Haze
    Diamond White
    Light Fantastic
    [​IMG]

Case of 12 Stoner's Trim Shine (we use a ton of this stuff for engine bay details. Works great!)
    5 WW drying towels from RagShack they were on sale can't wait to try them out.
    [​IMG]

Now I'm just showing off. Crystal Rock has been in my collection for some time now...its not new. I just keep it at home and not the shop. I only bring it to the shop, when i know I'm going to use it.
    [​IMG]

2. bvhbmw

bvhbmw Birth of a Detailer

Me like the Bentley center caps!

3. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

Dude, you are teasing me with that pot of Crystal Rock!!!

4. dsms

dsms DB Forum Supporter

Let us know how red mist works out!

5. Dust2Glory

Dust2Glory Nuba Guru

Red mist is great stuff, very oil based but leaves behind a shine that is unmatched.... only downfall and a bad one at that, is that it attracts dust and pollen like a SOB!!! maybe its just texas, but everytime I use it i get let down. but i keep using it!

6. GBS

GBS Wax on..Wax off

If that's a 3 3/4" lake county backing plate I would be careful. I just had a 3 3/4" LC Rotary BP go to pieces while being used. It's the 3rd LC backing plate I had do the same thing. The foam just rips apart into pieces. I like their pads but I'll never buy another LC backing plate.

Here's what's left of it:
    [​IMG]

7. Dangler

^^^ it is a LC backing plate, I'll have to keep tabs on its condition as i use it.

Thanks for the heads up.

8. Legacy99

Legacy99 Wax on..Wax off

I had the same thing happen with the LC plates. Don't chance it, get the Gloss it backing plate. I love the 3M bp, but I believe it only comes in 5" which I have.

9. GBS

GBS Wax on..Wax off

I also just ordered a 3" Gloss-it backing plate because 3M doesn't make one. Use the holiday2009 coupon for 20% off everything at gloss-it . Expires 12/31/09.

10. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

This is what you want to be using with your rotary -

[​IMG]
    Ultra Soft Backing Plate 125mm 5/8UNC

[​IMG]
    75mm 5/8UNC Backing Plate

[​IMG]
    http://www.detailersdomain.com/theuber3inchbackingplateforrotariesandorbitals.aspx

11. Dangler

Thanks for the heads up guys.

12. Reflect

Reflect DB Forum Supporter

Dsms was telling me that the foam ones are no good in the 3inch sizes. Something to do with putting pressure or something on them. I got the DD one at his recommendation, haven't tried it yet.

13. dsms

dsms DB Forum Supporter

Thick soft foam 3" BP's suck, firm thin foams I dont think will be an issue, I played with one at our meet and it seemed really nice. The DD BP is awesome IMHO, just works and its basicallu indestructible.

14. Carn

Carn Welcome to Detailing

The DD one looks awesome...Not sure if it is available in a metric M14 thread though? Phil?