Some ideas ?? please

Discussion in 'Tools - Machine Polishers, Pressure Washers, Detai' started by Harleyguy, Jan 28, 2009.

1. Harleyguy

Harleyguy Any Rag Vehicle Washer

So here i'am jumped right into using my rotary and Menz SIP on my black vette yes i'am crazy and i blame it on Aspault Rocket talking me into it LOL.Things are going great the only thing i have problem with is controlling my makita when i use my white pad and the sip not as bad when using the nano polish.I feel like i'am fighting the machine for control very hard to keep it in one place i've tried to bump up the RPM's to 1300 or lower same problem.I've little product on the pad or less .So i'am not sure if it's something that comes in time or it's my technique.Any help would really be great and No i haven't screwed up my paint YET

2. Obsessive Detail

Obsessive Detail Pro Detailer - Lifetime Member

You want to make sure you are keeping the pad flat, if not, the machine will want to jump around. Also, not having enough product will cause it to jump around too. Just try to relax and don't grip the handle to hard, you just want to use the handle to guide you.

3. Dannyk

Dannyk Jedi Nuba

Had the same situation, pretty close to the same pad and polish. Now, i'm not biased towards products, but the Megs pads cured my situation, FWIW. Good Luck.

4. billyblooshoes

billyblooshoes DB Forum Supporter

i find that when pads are brand new or not "broken in" at first it makes a difference. try priming the pad with a little detail spray, or maybe a little more product on the pad to get it juiced up haha. and like said previous, try and keep it flat.

5. Asphalt Rocket

Asphalt Rocket Nuba Guru

Do not use detailer spray at all. Sounds like you need to find the right amount of polish, it could either be too much or too little. Also are you just using one pad for the whole car. When I just did mine I used four pads, it almost sounds like sip is gumming and causing your problem if I had to guess.

6. Harleyguy

Well i use the same pad and i clean them everytime when i'am done.I also use a spray too condition the pad before i apply the product i don't use detail spray i also check the pad for gumming up or anyting like that i also have that tool you can use on foam pads to clean them while your useing them. I should of mention that i put about two dime size amount of SIP on the pad and put about half way in on the pad .Maybe that's the problem .

7. zoomzoom mazda5

zoomzoom mazda5 Wax on..Wax off

I agreed with Asphalt Rocket, but I think maybe a one on one will help you out. Maybe at DF this yr you can see someone using a rotary and see on their technique.

8. Harleyguy

For sure were going to Df but that's in march can't wait that long LOL

9. Asphalt Rocket

Asphalt Rocket Nuba Guru

The cleaning tool for the pad while polishing doesn't work that well. Trying using a few pads while polishing instead of trying to just use one to do the whole car. Also hook up with Angelo at detail Fest and he can correct you on your technique with the rotary, but in the mean time just keep practicing.

10. D&D Auto Detailing

D&D Auto Detailing DB Forum Supporter

What kind of spray are you using? You might want to invest in some Menzerna IP for when SIP isnt working correctly. But then again, it might just be your technique.

11. Asphalt Rocket

Asphalt Rocket Nuba Guru

Sip works better on the vette than ip, he just needs to practice and he will be in good shape.

12. blk45

blk45 Jedi Nuba

We need to change your name to Vette master! :D

13. Asphalt Rocket

Asphalt Rocket Nuba Guru

That would work, but I do know how to work other paints too. :thumb: