Solar phone chargers.

Discussion in 'Detailing Bliss Lounge' started by supercharged, Mar 1, 2012.

1. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

How many of you guys have/have used solar chargers for your smart phones? I know, some people will ask why, and I will answer when I am at the gym, I'm killing even fully charged battery withing 2-3 hours...I kinda wanna "save" some of that battery to make sure it lasts me 4 hours or so...and with bluetooth headphones running, and internet usage my phone uses up to 1% of battery every minute...getting a second battery is not really an option, charging 2 one by one is too complicated for me...So, I've seen some solar chargers online, and am wondering how efficient those are? I understand that it will take longer to charge, but then again, if I am on a lyptic machine for 45 minutes, that could be 40-45% of battery I can save, which can make it last me through the day...I seen some chargers that just "charge", others have a battery "built in", and I can use that power to power my phone...1500 mAh battery is what I'm running on my Samgung Galaxy S (first generation)...
    Any help is greatly appreciated...

2. Kilo6_one

Kilo6_one DB Forum Supporter

3. armenakadino

armenakadino Birth of a Detailer

the battery back ups charge super slow i doubt you would notice a difference your better off with one of those external battery packs that plug into the phone and charge it with out an outlet

4. Kilo6_one

Kilo6_one DB Forum Supporter

^^^ those too, I just mentioned it because they are handy in an emergency......

5. SRT8Spartan

SRT8Spartan DB Forum Supporter

i use a cheap one that i got one believe it or not from american eagle, doesnt have too much power but its cheap and a few would still be cheaper than an expensive one.