softest carnuba applicator

Discussion in 'Last Steps: Waxes, Sealants, and Coatings' started by nyrep1, Nov 2, 2012.

1. nyrep1

nyrep1 Obsessive Detailer

what applicator are you guys using. i recently touched up a customers black gtr and the sonax premium class applicator left some light marks in the super soft paint. not sure if it was the applicator or my technique...i did not have the same issue when i applied bfwd with a black pad via pc a few months ago to the same car

2. JoeyV

JoeyV Welcome to Detailing

The Sonax applicator is a little harder than a black pad. I've been using it for a while and noticed it too. However, seeing as I've been using the wax for winter preps, without correcting cars first, I haven't noticed any additional marring. If you want a very soft foam that will likely not mar the paint, look into making your own applicator from a bed foam cover or something like that. The very soft foam can be cut to the shape and size you want and having no edges makes it even safer.
    [​IMG]

3. daveinsweethome

daveinsweethome DB Forum Supporter

thanks joey never thought about foam. probably a lot cheaper and i think i have a pillow of it i never used.

4. Bmer89

Bmer89 DB Forum Supporter

I love how the sonax applicator feels, very ergonomic, but the foam is a little rough. I use the Uber yellow foam applicator and it works great, no marring on my super soft black paint. Wish I could combine the two applicators to make a soft, ergonomic applicator in one!

5. boredstudent3

boredstudent3 Wax on..Wax off

I know there's the yellow disc applicators and there is also even a red disc applicator as well

I think LC also has red and gold foam pads which are even softer than a black pad

+1 on Joeys suggestion, but I cut the foam block and use it for applying tire dressing...hehehe

6. Kilo6_one

Kilo6_one DB Forum Supporter

You can go to a craft store and buy a 18x18 foam block, cut it to 4 inch square or whatever........ for less then 6.00

I do this with trim dressing.

7. DirtyWeRX

DirtyWeRX DB Forum Supporter

Auto Finesse Waxmates are the sh!t.

8. fech

fech Birth of a Detailer

I've got two of these on order. You better be right!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol2:

9. boredstudent3

boredstudent3 Wax on..Wax off

trust me, Seth is right on this. :thumb:

10. obsidian LGT

obsidian LGT Birth of a Detailer

I purchased two of the AF wax mates at first. As soon as I got them, I ordered a dozen more, they're that good. The only other ones I would suggest are the Swissvax applicators, but for the money, definitely the wax mates

11. Obsessive Detail

Obsessive Detail Pro Detailer - Lifetime Member

12. nyrep1

nyrep1 Obsessive Detailer

thanks everyone going to order a few types to try

13. Bmer89

Bmer89 DB Forum Supporter

Where is everybody getting the wax mates? Can you convert currency at checkout? Phil doesn't carry them :(

14. DirtyWeRX

Woot! Youre gonna love them Greg
    Thanks Alex!

15. DJBAILEY

DJBAILEY Birth of a Detailer

The Cyclo white pad (4") has to be the softest DA pad I have ever felt. I use it with softer waxes on a DA or with a Polishing Pal if doing it by hand

16. James B

James B DB Certified Manufacturer

I read that the first time without the "THE" and thought Whaaaaat!!

But second time round was much more reassuring for me :D im glad you approve.

17. DirtyWeRX

LOL they are the best in my opinion!

18. ModdedMach

ModdedMach Birth of a Detailer

Im definitely interested in Waxmates, have any of you every used the Buff n' Shine applicators, they are super soft but a tad big.

19. Swirlkiller

Swirlkiller Two Bucket System Washer

I normally use the standard yellow ones from Meguiars, but I also do like the red ones from CG:

bp169.jpg

20. john baker

john baker Birth of a Detailer

does phil have the wax mates?