So... who is this? Anyone here?

Discussion in 'Detailing Bliss Lounge' started by c32AMG-DTM, Feb 11, 2010.

1. c32AMG-DTM

c32AMG-DTM Birth of a Detailer

Saw this thread on another forum I visit. Guy works on a lot of very nice vehicles, and produces excellent results (although, I'd say many here are on-par for finishing). When I saw the claim in the thread's title, I was expecting PD/Miracle, but it wasn't.

So - is it someone on DB?

(Probably) The Best Detailer in The World - 6speedonline.com Forums

Just curiosity - nice work. :)

2. billyblooshoes

billyblooshoes DB Forum Supporter

looks like he get some really rare exotics and does good work, but i dont see anything that would set him apart from anyone good experienced detailer, or make him the best in the world. there are quite a few of us on here who i would bet could produce results at the same caliber. just my .02 cents.

oh and i tried to figure out the logo he has on his sleeve in the one picture, starts with E...cant make out the rest.

3. pektel

pektel DB Forum Supporter

Nice work. Doesn't sound familiar. But there's a lot you can do post processing to really make the reflections stand out. And the OE paint has a lot to do with the final result too. You can only get so clear without wetsanding the orange peel.

4. c32AMG-DTM

Agreed 100%. You, dsms, F-minus, Norcal Bob, and many, many others here (IMHO) produce comparable results - just usually on somewhat more "normal" cars.

There was a comment that he wetsands most vehicles, I think - given the exotics being worked on, I expect he's carefully measuring w/ a PTG.

5. pektel

pektel DB Forum Supporter

If that's the case, 10 hours is a blatant LIE for a full detail. I read the couple pages on that forum.

6. c32AMG-DTM

wetsanding probably isn't part of a "standard" detail, though (if I had to guess?)

quote from the post/thread from the customer:

He told me he could do a "standard" detail in around 10 hours
    (standard to him means jaw dropping to me) but he'll gladly spend 1 week+ on a car depending on the finish you want

Anyway, I was just curious if it was anyone here on DB, is all.

7. Misha

Misha Nuba Guru

never seen him work here.
    there are a lot of good detailers around the country, not all of them will be on all of the forums.

10 hours on decent detail. no way, thats maybe if car is almost perfect and just needs touchups. but if you need correction. i dont see how its possible to do in 10 hours. me and my friend cant even do regular correction detail in 10 hours and while both of us working on the car

8. Denzil

Denzil Guest

I could see a standard detail being done in ten hours as far as a one-step but probably nothing more than that. It really just depends on what his definition of "standard detail" is. I'm sure we all interpret it differently.

9. Wes_R

Wes_R Birth of a Detailer

I forgot how but I stumbled across his website either last year or the year before. Most likely somehow through Detailing World. I'm sure if you ask over there someone might now.

10. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

Nice work, but there are a lot of members on this forum that can produce the same results. Just not on such incredibly exotic vehicles. But perfect black paint on a Porsche is just as impressive as perfect black paint on a Ford Explorer!

11. lifemal

lifemal Wax on..Wax off

Amen, brotha!

12. domino

domino Welcome to Detailing

call me cynical, but it looks any other detailing job with layered Z2/5 for the reflection, and hitting the + on the contrast tab in pshop

13. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

His name is Gurcharn and he owns Elite Detailing and Protection. Have a look here. And yes, his work is that good.

14. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

His prices aren't cheap, but not outrageous either.

For 400 you have a 10 hour detail which includes an hour of paint correction. That's 40 an hour, not too bad...

15. dsms

dsms DB Forum Supporter

Unfortunately we think most people on the net are pure hype... probably why so many people are quick to doubt, but after a good view of this guys site I am thoroughly impressed!

Pictures are nice but to have a clientele with so many super exotics... I mean multiple Egg's and multiple Zonda details under his belt, not to mention 2 McLaren F1's... that is beyond just about anyone.

16. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

I've been following his work for about a year and a half and yes, he's the real deal. Like some other well known guys, G is very capable of delivering.

17. TONY MONTANA

TONY MONTANA DB Forum Supporter

you wern't lying that guy is the shit do you know if he posts his work up on any forums? ]

18. Aesop

Aesop Jedi Nuba

Thats 400 pound. 1 pound is 1.5 dollars currently.

19. Twisted007

Twisted007 Banned

There are many real pro detailers that do AAA+++ work that we never see nor hear of out there.:thumb:

20. Darkstar752

Darkstar752 Horizon Detailing

Using a PC and rotary is completely different. I've done 2-steps in around 12ish hours with a rotary.

It's completely possible to do details in 10 hours, say 80% correction, interior, clay, etc. given there are no spots that are too tough, I.E. a stubborn stain or somethin. I know Scottwax can do 3-steps in about 10 hours and get the paint close to perfect, and by that I mean no swirls but maybe a couple RIDS left that weren't worth pursuing.

My average detail usually lasts around 18-20 though since I like to spend time on little details.