Smokey Leather

Discussion in 'Interior Car Care' started by piginapoke, May 1, 2011.

1. piginapoke

piginapoke Obsessive Detailer

I am trying to clean/ deoderize smoke infested leather, two motorcycle seats and two leather jackets. Does anyone have suggestions?:iddi:

2. kyoshiro

kyoshiro DB Forum Supporter

so2pure should work but you'll have to put the stuff in a compartment where it can create its ozone i believe

3. nyrep1

nyrep1 Obsessive Detailer

had a client that bought 2500 chevy that was bad you could see the smoke residue on the seats and the cloth on back of seats etc....looked like brown/grey grease. i end up using leatherique and mixing odoban in the with the cleaner i used on vinyl and plastic ...2 months ago and smell is still gone

4. piginapoke

piginapoke Obsessive Detailer

Well unfourtunatly this is smoke from a house fire, smoldering type with a rancid syrup like coating on everything. I do believe that with the right cleaner then conditioner as well as time and fresh air I can clean them, I have tried a fe wthing on one of the seats and I am starting to see results. The jackets were sent out to be professionally cleaned by fire damage experts only to be sent to me still reeking of smoke. I appreciate the info guys please keep the ideas coming, one of the jackets is mine, and if I can't clean it I am out $400.

5. stottie

stottie Birth of a Detailer

i would say get a dedacated leahter cleaner for the jacket and clean it mutiple times. than if you have a ozone machine put it in some kind of tub of some kind and put the ozone machine in with it and seal it up and let it run for a while. that should help i did this with some old clothes one time that had a horrible smell to them and they dont smell no more. i would even say the same with the seats clean them a bunch than ozone them. i have also seen some other produts out there that kill germs and smoke i seen a thread on here a week or so ago about the products. good luck though.

6. roger koh

roger koh Virgin Detailer

Have you got your problems solved yet?

Do not try ozone - leather is organic, besides the average 70% protein fibers, it has the other leather constiituents like tanning agents, dyestuff and fatliquor that might be affected at the molecular level. In most cases the leather stiff up.

There is a leather-safe alternative that:

1] Smoke decontaminate it.

2] Leather rejuvenate it to its original softness and suppleness

3] Imparts the leather with a buttery-feel and an unforgettable classic leather scent that charms.

Like to know more details of the sequence of cleaning process you can DIY?