Smith2287 Detailed: 2007 Dodge Nitro

Discussion in 'Show and Shine' started by Smith2287, May 12, 2008.

1. Smith2287

Smith2287 Welcome to Detailing

Here is a little back ground around this detail as it is my mothers truck and what she wanted for mothers day was a detail. I started on saturday night around 7:00 PM and finished it up the next day around noon. The first night I focused on the exterior mostly as i wanted to get the single stage correction done and out of the way.

So here are some pictures of what the truck looked like before I began, and yes this car hauls my mothers large dog around all the time. There was some tar but surprisingly it can off without the use of tarmaniator.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Next up on the the wheels, wheels, and tires and the products of choice were TAW, P21S Gel wheel cleaner, and a bunch of brushes

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Next up to the engine bay and I used ARO with a few brushes,

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Next up the wash, and I chose Citrus wash & Gloss, zymol sponge, AG foam gun, cr spotless wash and drying towels

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Then the truck was pulled inside to be clayed and the clay of choice was CG green clay with CG synthetic qd as lube

[​IMG]

Sorry but I lost the clay afters but it wasn't that bad considering, so now took some readings with my DFT combo gauge,

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The paint was within 15 microns all around so I was not worried to polish at all. Now this was my first time using a rotary polisher and didn't get to see Carlos's movies yet so I did not get full correction but was more than happy for a single stage polish.

Tools of choice:
    [​IMG]

Makita 9227, metabo, 3m gray backing plate, and CG white polishing pad and after the test area on the hood I felt like I was going to go with 106 FF for the whole truck with the makita. I will try out the metabo this weekend as now that school is done for the summer I have a lot of details lined up. Here is some shots,

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I know it didn't take polishing pics as it was after 11 already just wanted to get done. Sorry guys I will take more in my next details coming up real soon. Now for the LSP it was DG 601 followed by 105 removed with fast clean and shine.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Now I moved into the interior before calling it a night as now its close to midnight, Carlos I got this from you buddy as I went with a Megs APC wipe down diluted 10:1 and it worked great!!!!!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And here is how dirty the interior was,
    [​IMG]

And now this was it for the first night as I was tired after working the whole day and then detailing right after. Day 2 started at 7 am with the heart of the interior detail to be done. Here are some more interiors as of 7 am.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

So I began an extensive vacuum with my craftsman shop vac to get all the hair and dirt out of the truck.

[​IMG]

Then the rear headrests and back seats were extracted with LGM and CG lighting fast stain remover and I forgot to take a pic of the machine with the dirty water tank. The headrests afters amazed me since I did not even have a true extractor yet.

[​IMG]

Next up the recently cleaned interior got dressed with opt interior Protectant Plus,
    [​IMG]

All glass was cleaned with Surf City glass cleaner and a mini dehydrator towel
    [​IMG]

Up next all exterior plastic and tires were dressed with CG Silk Shine

[​IMG]

Now I am rushing as it is almost 11 am as we had 12 pm brunch reservations and you can tell by my pictures. So I now dressed the engine with 303,

[​IMG]

The rims were given one more wipe down with DG fast clean & shine
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And the truck was given a final aquawax wipe down real quick to give it that added look,

[​IMG]

And here is the end results of the quick 9 hour detail for mothers day, I know its not perfect but in the time frame I was more than happy with the results. My rotary skills need some improvement but I can't wait to be able to use them soon since I already broke the ice.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] (The seat is not stained just still wet and it dried perfectly about an hour later)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And here are some pics of the culprit Butkus ( just like rocky's dog) a 125 LB 1 year old bull mastiff
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thanks for looking and comments are always welcome and once again sorry for the incomplete pictures.

-Corey

2. Nica

Nica Banned

That's a great gift to your mom, I bet she was pleased with her gift. Very nice turn around, thank you for sharing with us :peace:

3. Sparkie

Sparkie Wax on..Wax off

Nice turn around...You really kick some butt on the whole thing.....:applause:

4. GBS

GBS Wax on..Wax off

Nice Job! Poor Butkis don't deserver all the blame.

5. Smith2287

Thanks guys for the feedback. Yes butkus doesn't deserve all the blame as he is a geat dog even though he is stilla puppy. But even I was amazed how I was able to restore those rear headrests back to perfect with just the LGM. The end results were great considering the time constraints I had. Sorry for the bad grammer I'm on my blackberry at work.

Thanks again,
    -corey

6. ChristR

ChristR Birth of a Detailer

Nice! You made that interior look like new!

7. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

DAMN! These are my favorite kind of details, a real difference in the befores and afters! GREAT WORK! I need to log onto ADS and buy some of those Megs goodies...

Nice toys you got there!

8. D&D Auto Detailing

D&D Auto Detailing DB Forum Supporter

Nice work. How come you have a Metabo and Makita?

9. Smith2287

I like my toys lol and I got the flex and a PC. I wanted a more heavy duty polisher to go along with the metabo and I got a boat detail coming up where two guys polishing will really come in handy as the boat is a 28 footer.

10. zoomzoom mazda5

zoomzoom mazda5 Wax on..Wax off

Great job and great gift to your mom!:applause:

11. Faber

Faber Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Good job and nice gift for mothers day.

12. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

Great job! Love the detail and choice of products! Nice dog too!