Smelly Carpert

Discussion in 'Interior Car Care' started by detaildude3629, Dec 6, 2010.

1. detaildude3629

detaildude3629 Birth of a Detailer

A new customer called me with a serious problem on the carpets in her Surburban Suv, I asked what was spilled, she said her husband had a ice chest with ice and deer meat in it and it leaked onto carpet and smells really bad, the only thing i told her i would take care of it for her, told her to sprinkle some baking soda on it for now hope that might help till i get there, will that work short term? What products can be used for this problem,,I guess blood will be the main spill on carpet it is on the rear carpet in back of vehicle, somebody told her to use lime power. I have a bisslle greem machine w/proheat, is there a mixture I can use on this problem? Need help guys. Thanks:applause2:

2. stottie

stottie Birth of a Detailer

if i had this kind of customer. i would shampoo the area reall good, also steam clean it to really work in the shampoo than extract. i would also use a ozone machine. so as with your green machine i would just work on cleaning the carpet and pulling as much out of it as you can. than you could buy a oder bomb or some kind of spary that kills the smell. good luck

3. detaildude3629

Thanks for the information there, I have a couple ideas about it to try, that odor bomb sounds good to use any type of scent to use? One that will work good.:applause2:

4. stottie

stottie Birth of a Detailer

i know there is some scents out there that also have, bactera killers in them that dont mask the oder that actually get rid of it. one of them would work good if you have one or can find one. i know mequires use to have a pet type one you could buy at like a parts store that worked pretty good. but hopefully by cleaning the area real good that will get rid of the problem.

5. togwt

togwt Nuba Guru

Organic stains- these include proteins and fats, body oils, mould yeast, bacteria, bugs and carbohydrates. Organic soil is cleaned with an alkaline (pH 8+).Most of the stains found in the vehicle interior are of an organic nature and require an alkaline type cleaner. Some organic stains (i.e. milk, blood, vomit, urine) should be removed with an enzyme type cleaner and a disinfectant applied to the area

Bio-Kleen Bac-Out – a safe stain and odour eliminator that contains live enzyme cultures that attack organic stains (food, etc) and odours and removes them.

6. detaildude3629

I have a product like that,,not the same name though..is there any type of sent i need to use if a smell still exist?:applause2:

7. billy

billy Obsessive Detailer

After a good cleaning u shut try So2pure from car pro that shut take care of the smell easily
    regards
    Billy

8. Rcrew

Rcrew Wax on..Wax off

Second the So2Pure...

9. Danny

Danny Nuba Guru

Folex or Majestic Solutions Extraction Plus. I would also look into a So2Pure after you clean it or AG Air Con Sanitizer you will get the smell out and clean the ac ducts.

10. nyrep1

nyrep1 Obsessive Detailer

I got something from sams called odo-ban that works really well. Smells like eucolyptus .. i usually clean area very well the saturate in odo ban

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk