Small jackpot, to me :D

Discussion in 'Detailing Bliss Lounge' started by klumzypinoy, Feb 24, 2008.

1. klumzypinoy

klumzypinoy Nuba Guru

I checked out 2 Big Lots. The first one I went to was small and they didn't have anything interesting (just 2-3 Turtle Wax mitts and Meguiar's 3 detail brushes, the one with the brass nylon and that other brush). The 2nd one I went to was bigger and they had a nice amount of applicator pads. I wiped them out, got 33 :) A lot will be going to Ketil! They didn't have the slide lock brush or anything good like that..

[​IMG]

I don't know if it's me or something, but I opened one and it smells like bacon or something. I'm not kidding :D well it smells like some sort of food

2. LanceM

LanceM DB Forum Supporter

man. im gonna have to drop by at my local big lots

3. joep

joep Welcome to Detailing

what did you pay for the applicators Klumsy..before you posted i was debating if i should take a ride...

4. zoomzoom mazda5

zoomzoom mazda5 Wax on..Wax off

Another jackpot winner!!!!!!!!!

5. klumzypinoy

klumzypinoy Nuba Guru

40 cents each!! :D :D It's such a steal.

6. joep

joep Welcome to Detailing

i hear big lots has 20% off everything until 9pm..how would you compare'em to the megs applicators

7. Al-53

Al-53 Welcome to Detailing

Yes..whats the texture of the TW applicators..the megs ones are nice and firm ..I got other brands before and they are so limp...

AL

8. klumzypinoy

klumzypinoy Nuba Guru

OH YEAHHH!!! I forgot I got the 20% off.... Haha I was just like WOW! Well it's pretty much as soft as the Meg's pad. I'm gonna test it out on paint when I can. It feels paint worthy when I run my fingers across the pad. They don't seem limp either.

9. Nica

Nica Banned

wow you guys are lucky, and at $0.40 each that's a great deal...maybe it's a good thing I don't live in the US lol...with deals like that my entire house would be filled up to the roof with products hahahahahaha

Nice jack pot klumz :thumb:

10. Dannyk

Dannyk Jedi Nuba

Used the pads today. They felt firm and nice to work with, i thought a little too firm, but will get broken in over time. Hmmmm, i did'nt smell first. lol.

11. Tonya

Tonya Welcome to Detailing

Congrats!!!

12. FMINUS

FMINUS DB Pro Supporter

They are nothing like the Megs Pads the megs pads are much more plush and soft

These pads are more along the lines of the ones AG has for sale.

13. klumzypinoy

klumzypinoy Nuba Guru

Nica - Hahah you'd probably clean out some places :D

Dannyk - I don't know what made me smell it lol

Tonya - Thanks!

FMINUS - I "feel" the megs pads are superior, but the TW ones aren't bad. I just need to test em out.

14. FMINUS

FMINUS DB Pro Supporter

I jsut went back to look at them, they seem to be a tad bit thicker and bigger than the ones from AG.

For the $ they are the best.

15. OrngeZ

OrngeZ Birth of a Detailer

the megs pads are by far the best...the TW ones are still good..they get the job done..

16. pirex

pirex DB Certified Dealer

Can`t wait to try them! My fav right now is the css applicators from lake country!

17. klumzypinoy

klumzypinoy Nuba Guru

Yeah the AG ones are THIN THIN..

18. JHawk

JHawk Virgin Detailer

Congratulations, Klumzypinoy. I picked up 34 of the foam applicators myself at $.40.

Dollar General is your best bet for the slide lock brush. While looking for the wheel face brushes, I've seen about 4 dozen slide lock brushes for $2.50 each at Dollar General.

If I recall correctly, I picked up the following from Big Lots:
    Versa-Angle Body Brush
    Wide Body Brush
    Versa-Angle Wheel Spoke Brush
    Slide Lock Brush

And these from Dollar General:
    Versa-Angle Tire Brush
    Wheel Face Brush
    Slide Lock Brush (spare)
    Interior Brush (wish I could find a couple more)
    (Chenelle?) Wash Sponge
    Passed on the wash mitts

19. Deep Gloss Auto Salon

Deep Gloss Auto Salon DB Pro Supporter

Nice score klumzy.. looks like you can scratch off applicators from your "need" list for awhile!!!:applause: