simple question

Discussion in 'Car Detailing Product Discussion' started by onebaucom, Feb 8, 2011.

1. onebaucom

onebaucom Birth of a Detailer

what does everyone use to clean tire covers? oh, and any recommendations for cleaning black plastic like door handles and rubber around the windows? thanks for any help!

2. M3ride.

M3ride. Wax on..Wax off

You can use a simple APC to clean up the rubber around windows. As for plastic door handles you can use various products to clean them. Using a simple car shampoo, apc or even a rubber protectant product would work well such as 303 or Autoglym Vinyl Rubber. As for the tire cover, is it plastic or leather?

3. onebaucom

uh the tire cover is plastic. not rich enough to get leather lol. thanks i will check out 303 and autoglym.

4. M3ride.

M3ride. Wax on..Wax off

No problem, is the tire cover super dirty or something? I believe just a car shampoo should clean it right up.

5. onebaucom

yeah it is super dirty. i have tried cleaning it with just regular car shampoo but it still looks the same. it has turned gray now instead of the black it used to be. oh and it's a vinyl tire cover.

6. M3ride.

M3ride. Wax on..Wax off

Is it a textured plastic?

7. onebaucom

yeah i guess. really don't know the major difference between textured plastic and vinyl. sorry. just a beginner so i didn't know there were so many options on tire covers lol.

8. M3ride.

M3ride. Wax on..Wax off

lol I would try using 303 on it, see what that does. If it has faded 303 would prob help bring it back to black. Just keep in mind when using 303 aerospace protectant that after you apply it wait a bit then buff it off. This will help prevent streaking.

9. onebaucom

alrighty. i guess 303 is the way to go then lol. thanks so much !