Signature Detailing Exotic! Opti-Coat Pro, Opti-Guard Leather, and Paint Correction

Discussion in 'Professional Detailer's Studio' started by Greg Gellas, Oct 21, 2013.

1. Greg Gellas

Greg Gellas DB Pro Supporter

Ok, it may not be an exotic, but for a 10 year old vehicle, it might as well be.

I was recently contacted by a client, having had previously corrected his Tesla and another vehicle of his. This time he brought me his 2003 Lexus Rx. While not an exotic, I took the time and care as I always do for any car I get.

First, I began with inspecting the paint. Overall for a 10 year old car, it was not the worst I have seen!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I began with a full wash, auto scrub decontamination, and an Iron-X treatment. I then did a test spot and found that M101 with a Meg's MF pad followed up with a yellow Rupes pad and Optimum's hyper Polish was getting me amazing correction with a super glossy finish.

As for the paint, I was able to get some really good correction, considering the age of the car.

[​IMG]

The right side was corrected.

[​IMG]

Additionally, since this is the clients 3rd car, I decided to throw in Headlight restoration. Big thanks to David at Innovative detailing for suggesting the sandpaper grits to use while doing this one. :rockon

Headlights Before
    [​IMG]

After

[​IMG]

In addition to the paint correction, the client decided to get an application of Opti-Guard Leather. In order to prep the leather, we decided on a full Leatherique process. I let the rejuvinator oil sit on the leather overnight, and followed up with prestine clean the following day. As for the results you can see from the 50/50's that all of the dirt and oils were completely removed before the application of Opti-Guard leather.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The before and after photos came out really nice also.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here you can see the surround on the side view mirrors has de-laminated and missing. We trimmed excess that was bubbling but still there.

[​IMG]

Then wrapped the area in Gloss vinyl film. This is NOT a perfect fix, from 2 feet away you can't even tell. Thanks to leeberbs for wrapping that area and giving me a hand on the entire vehicle.

[​IMG]

The roof rack was hand polished and came out amazing

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Overall for a 10 year old vehicle, I would say this came out pretty nice!

The leather was buttery soft and clean.[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

As always thanks for looking Greg Gellas :)

2. Danny

Danny Nuba Guru

Great work there.