Sigma 10-20

Discussion in 'Detailing Bliss Lounge' started by 911Fanatic, Dec 12, 2009.

1. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

A client and I had been discussing cameras and lenses on his last visit and he showed up Friday with a lens for me to try. I believe it was a Sigma 10-20.

I love this pic. My shop is 60' long and I have my back against the overhead door. The only thing this lens didn't pick up were my shoes!
    [​IMG]

In this pic I am standing about 36" from the front fender.
    [​IMG]

2. BrendanS

BrendanS Welcome to Detailing

OMG...i love how you moved the inventory...i feel obliged to visit the store now

3. 911Fanatic

Thanks. We were getting SOOOO much walk in traffic that I wanted a nicer area for you guys. Maybe come by over Christmas.

4. BrendanS

BrendanS Welcome to Detailing

i will for sure...do i smell a boxing day sale??:p:

5. Cooter

Cooter Guest

Nice lens Ken!!!!! I actually looked at one of those before I bought my Tokina as Piet affectionately refers to it as the Tankina! Very nice lens. I got 3 Sigma lenses. I like them.

Congrats on the new lens Ken!!!!!

6. d00t

d00t Welcome to Detailing

Great looking shop Ken!!

7. willjco

willjco DB Forum Supporter

Shop Looks great so does the car

8. MikeyC

MikeyC Two Bucket System Washer

I have the same lens on loan from a friend right now. It's GREAT. It's really amazing how much you can get into the shot using this lens.

9. 911Fanatic

I agree. I put it on my camera and was amazed. This hobby is gonna cost my kids a college education!!

10. Denzil

Denzil Guest

Looks like the pictures came out well Ken! ;)

11. Nica

Nica Banned

lol...you think detailing is addicting, photography is insane :headbang: :headbang:

But it's fun and when you learn a new trick...well it's like being a kid all over again :nod: :nod:

12. Carn

Carn Welcome to Detailing

Awesome pic's Ken :thumb:

13. kc1337

kc1337 Obsessive Detailer

Wow, the entire place looks totally revamped. Loving the new retail section!

14. Bunky

Bunky Guest

Very interesting perspective. The first shot exaggerates the length of the shop.

15. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

It's an awesome lens... Here one I took yesterday:

[​IMG]

16. pektel

pektel DB Forum Supporter

Wow. I have been wanting a wide angle for some time now. When I first saw the thread title, I was hoping it was a FS thread.

Great lens. And great pictures! I really like Piet's pic. Nice work.

I agree, the photography addiction is $$$$$$. Way more expensive than detailing. Well, unless you want to start collecting steamers and extractors or something.

17. 911Fanatic

If I spent on photography what I spent on detailing I'd have some awesome equipment to say the least.

18. 911Fanatic

Thats an incredible pic! Where could I pick up this lens used? I just borrowed the one I took my pics with.

19. 911Fanatic

Thats an incredible pic! Where could I pick up this lens used? I just borrowed the one I took my pics with. :(

20. detailersdomain

detailersdomain Administrator

shot looks great!

shop looks great!