Shop-Vac® 5-Gallon 5.5-Peak HP Heavy-Duty Portable

Discussion in 'Sale, Trades, or Bargains' started by gmblack3, Apr 28, 2008.

1. gmblack3

gmblack3 Top 9 detailer in the US to serve you in Atlanta

2. Smith2287

Smith2287 Welcome to Detailing

Looks good, I just got a 2.5 gallon craftsman one about a month ago and I really like it. Mine was around 50 I think and it half the size so it looks like thats a deal.

3. gmblack3

Here is a $10 off $25 or more purchase coupon that you can use to bring the price down to $40.

Life Takes Visa

You should be able to send one to each email address you have.

They are one time use, if you use self-checkout then you can pay with any credit card you want.

Fill out the name and address anyway you want, it does not matter.

4. ehuth1

ehuth1 Birth of a Detailer

gmblack3 - bought this vac last friday!

Pros.

1. kills my rigid 4 gallon I currently had that died on me. (lasted about a year)

2. Right out of the box I was making single passes in some really nasty vehicles. So it's 5.5hp engine really sucks!

3. Best $50 anyone could spend if planning on buying a shop vac thats light portable.

4. Oh yea comes with the claw and crevice tool.

5. Did I mention QUIET!

6. can also be used as a blower.

Cons

1. Longer hose would be nice, but I believe you would lose suction power.....

2. Cord holder on the side is kinda half-ass, seems lose to me with no adjustment.

3. Might be hard to find one @ $50 so go get it !

$53 out the door for a compact powerful shopvac

5. gmblack3

Thanks for the feedback Ehuth1. :applause:

I am thinking about getting this for my mobile setup or just keep this one at the house and my Ridgid wall mount in the trailer.

6. Usjdmtuner

Usjdmtuner Wax on..Wax off

7. Usjdmtuner

i have the RIGID 5hp portable one and havent used it yet.. i wonder if this is any better.

8. gmblack3

I went by today to pick up a few other items. They had the shopvac at $59 on the shelf sticker, so you might want to bring a print out of the webpage with you.

The wife and I used 3 different $10 off $25 coupons on different items making seperate purchases. So tomorrow I will get the vac using another $10 off coupon.

9. Woob

Woob Jedi Nuba

Anyone have any alternatives for a longer hose? How's the size comparison to the 4.5 Rigid Portable Vac?

10. Mindflux

Mindflux Welcome to Detailing

How is the blowing on this?

Eh well I went and picked one up. No problem getting the price as it was 15% off all shopvac's this week.. then added the 10 dollar visa thing thanks to Bryan.

11. ehuth1

ehuth1 Birth of a Detailer

Thats the exact rigid model I've had for over a year. Great vac, but it needs constant cleaning of the filter and is to me (on the loud side) can be annoying if working in subdivisions. The small shop vac listed above is 2x as quiet and sucks up the loose stuff better than my rigid pro pack did.

my .02

oh yea my box had $59 listed on it, but when I got to the counter it rang up $50 + $3 tax...

12. Usjdmtuner

so you are saying that Shop vac sucks better than the Rigid.. ? cause I might return RIGID tmrw and pick up the Shop VAC

13. Usjdmtuner

any updates..?

14. JLs Detailing

JLs Detailing DB Pro Supporter

Bought one today and used it for the first time on my detail. The thing works like a champ and I'm 100% satisfied. I used the $10 Visa coupon too! I only wish it had wheels but that was the only con I could find with it, and thats not a big deal at all. Thanks gmblack3 for the info. Man you played a major role in my detail today with everything you helped me out with.:thumb:

15. Usjdmtuner

nice... cause i returned my rigid propack yesterday and i wanted to pick up the shopvac but all of them were opened and taped up.. i didnt want to take a risk of getting a damaged product.. ill pick one up friday..

16. carados

carados Virgin Detailer

Just thought i would throw this out rigid can be replaced at home depot took mine in no reciept got credit for new one

17. LanceM

LanceM DB Forum Supporter

i have a rigid. i think i got it for like 40 over xmas

18. WaxManRonnie

WaxManRonnie Virgin Detailer

Guys I paid less than $45 for this vac.
    Go to this site:
    https://www.loweswinners.com/lifeTakesVisa/lowesVisaLanding.aspx
    And register with Lowe's. They will immediately send you a $10 off coupon for spending $25 or more. I printed about 10 of these off and have used 6 of them.
    Awesome deal if you like Lowe's! And I never used my Visa.
    Paid in cash every time.

19. adriankeith

adriankeith Birth of a Detailer

I think I just saw this thing at my nearest big lots for 40$. not a bad deal and it looks like they had quite a few

20. Usjdmtuner

i love it.. didnt pay $40. paid $59 but it was worth it.. quiet and it sucks dirt pretty good...