Shine & Seal cut?

Discussion in 'Last Steps: Waxes, Sealants, and Coatings' started by Bmer89, Oct 12, 2012.

1. Bmer89

Bmer89 DB Forum Supporter

I was just gonna pm you on this, but I figured others night be wondering the same thing. I'm curious as to how much cut it has, mostly in terms of rotary hologram removal and not scratch removal. I'll be doing a single stage polish on an '06 911, and here's what I was hoping to do. Polish with SIP or Powerfinish with LC Foamed Wool pads, then follow up with S&S with my PC and Uber green pad. Then apply Hard Body. I just don't want to chance leaving holograms behind as it is a dark color. If S&S won't easily remove them I'll just use my pc for the polishing step. Any help is greatly appreciated!

2. Earlyworm

Earlyworm Any Rag Vehicle Washer

I have the exact same question..

3. Chaseme

Chaseme DB Forum Supporter

Very little cut. Like half of 85RD.

4. Legacy99

Legacy99 Wax on..Wax off

That didn't answer the question. Will S & S remove holograms?

5. Chaseme

Chaseme DB Forum Supporter

There are too many variables to give a direct answer to that. Buy my guess is yes...holograms tend to be pretty shallow imperfections.

6. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

What pad are you using it with?

7. Bmer89

8. Wolfs Chemicals

Wolfs Chemicals DB Certified Manufacturer

Hi! Yes S&S should remove holograms, but that really depends on the paint type! On harder finishes it won't remove as many, but on softer paints it will remove quite a bit! I compounded my Opel Astra with WP-5G and went straight to finishing with S&S!

9. turn-r-us

turn-r-us Virgin Detailer

is there any difference in applying this with Red pad vs Black pad????

And also the HB, can that be applied with red pad or black?

10. Wolfs Chemicals

Wolfs Chemicals DB Certified Manufacturer

Got me on that one mate... I've never used those pads :)

11. Bmer89

Well it sounds like I should play it safe and not go rotary with the Porsche, because of its hard clear coat. I don't have a lot of time with this job, otherwise I would test it out. When I get around to polishing my car I'll try it, its got really soft paint. Thanks for the replies!

12. john baker

john baker Birth of a Detailer

i ran some last week @ 600 rpm with a uber green pad and was very impressed