See you guys in a week - going to Solo 2 Nationals

Discussion in 'Detailing Bliss Lounge' started by krshultz, Sep 6, 2009.

1. krshultz

krshultz Nuba Guru

Hey DB -

You guys have a great week. Tomorrow morning, I'm getting on the road to Lincoln, NE, for the SCCA Solo 2 Nationals. This is the national championship of autocross. I'm not bringing a laptop, only my iPhone, so I doubt I'll be posting much.

There's no power or water at the event site - well, none that's easy to get to - so I'm not bringing much detailing stuff with me. Mostly just some ONR, QD, towels, glass cleaner, just stuff to keep the S2000 looking its best. That way, even if I do poorly, the car will photograph well.

Happy detailing!

2. Cooter

Cooter Guest

Hey Karl, sounds pretty awesome! Have fun!!!

3. Asphalt Rocket

Asphalt Rocket Nuba Guru

Have fun Karl, I remember traveling the country when I had my race car. Good luck and hope you bring a trophy or two home.

4. froboy272

froboy272 Obsessive Detailer

Good luck to you

5. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

Good luck!

6. mongrelcat

mongrelcat Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Good luck to you! Hope you have a good "cone proof" LSP. ;)

I just did a long trip and learned a couple things -

Take a roll of paper towels to soak with ONR, then place over the bug splatter and let dwell for awhile, it really makes the whole cleanup process during the trip much easier.

The 1Z Kristall Klar is great stuff for when you just need to "power through"

Also, 1Z Insekt might be good to have along

7. richy

richy Guest

Hey Karl, good luck man! Keep the shiny side up as we motorcyclists say....but most of all, have a blast!:headbang:

8. krshultz

krshultz Nuba Guru

Thanks, guys! I'm going to hit the sack in a few minutes, here, since we're getting on the road early.

The S2000 is wearing 3 coats of RBOE with 2 coats of Jetseal under. The truck gets BH Auto Balm. But still, with three of us driving the car, a LOT of cones get hit. :lol: It's a challenge keeping the front bumper and the rocker panels looking good.

All I've got of your suggested stuff is ONR, but I'll certainly give the soak trick a try. Great tip! As for Kristal Klar, I'm currently using a "witch's brew" windshield washer fluid.

- Half regular, blue washer fluid
    - Half Duragloss Rain Repel glass cleaner (DG suggests cutting RR 1:1 for use as washer fluid; I use the blue stuff because it was already in the tank)
    - 1 shot of P21S windshield wash booster

Works rather well. Keeps the windshield "Rain-X'd," without the hassle of Rain-X.

Surf City Garage Grime Destroyer is standing in for the 1Z Insekt.

Alright...off to bed. I'll be lurking via my iPhone.

9. kustomizingkid

kustomizingkid Nuba Guru

Have a great time!!

10. Denzil

Denzil Guest

Good luck Karl!

11. Starcar

Starcar Birth of a Detailer

Good luck, let us know how you did.:waiting:

12. c32AMG-DTM

c32AMG-DTM Birth of a Detailer

+1