Secret recipe

Discussion in 'Detailing Bliss Lounge' started by Buddy, Aug 26, 2008.

1. Buddy

Buddy Getting to know Detailing

Does anyone have a secret recipe for washing micro fiber towels???I just purchased my first bottle of pinnacle micro rejuvenator detergent concentrate. I usually wash my towels in tide free,It does rinse clean.I really would like to know how to wash my towels right...I need some advise from all you pro's out there!!! Please...:worship2:

2. Asphalt Rocket

Asphalt Rocket Nuba Guru

I have used the Pinnacle wash, but it seems like the micro-restore leaves them softer and Phil(detailersdomain) has a killer price for a gallon of it.

3. slanguage

slanguage OD On Detailing

I use micro-restore exclusively for my mf towels. works great. I buy it by the gallon.

I set the washer for warm wash/ warm rinse. also use the 2nd rinse option. adjust water level to size of load (s/m/l).

dryer set to delicates cycle with NO dryer sheets. also make sure the lint screen is cleaned before drying.

hope this helps.Roger.

4. Buddy

Thanks Roger. it does help. :thumb:

5. LanceM

LanceM DB Forum Supporter

micro-restore is doing a very good job so far. I think its better than CGs

6. MWAUTOPRO

MWAUTOPRO Jedi Nuba

I really like using cg's fabric clean. I use 1 oz per medium-large load of laundry (24-30 rags) and they always come out clean and fluffy. Fabric clean is very inexpensive too :)

7. bigpoppa

bigpoppa Jedi Nuba

I just use whatever laundry detergent we have around. I dunno how the microfiber specific shampoos would do with our HE front loading washer either.

I've had some of my MFs for almost 2 years, they are still performing well and I wouldn't hesitate to use them on black paint.

8. Denzil

Denzil Guest

Is there really a noticeable difference between using a microfiber-specific cleaning detergent and normal laundry detergent?

I've always had no issues using normal laundry detergent and I guess I'm trying to justify making a purchase of Micro-Restore or CG's Fabric Clean.

Oh and I just remembered that our front load washing machine is a HE machine as well.

9. Nica

Nica Banned

I can't say I've ever tried to wash my microfiber towels with regular detergent, I've always used micro-restore and it's worked out well for me so far. Oh and what slanguage suggested is what I do..expect I don't put my microfibers in side the dryer I hang them to dry..just me though.

10. Cooter

Cooter Guest

+1 for Micro-restore. I use All Free and Clear on my non paint m/f towels. I've recently tried DP mf wash. Seems pretty good. The towels felt similar to how the feel with the Micro-restore.

Charlie's Soap use to be popular on another detailing forum for washing m/f's. It does a good job. I also wanna get some of the CG mf wash sometime.

Get some Micro-restore and you'll be happy.

11. Buddy

12. Cyclo

Cyclo Birth of a Detailer

13. Nica

Nica Banned

Yea I read the boil your microfiber thread and I'm going to give it a try, I've used some cookie monsters to remove polish and I left the polish residue sit on them for too long and I've been curious to see what it would take to remove the white little spots.

I'm going to boil one and see how it turns out, either two things may happen. One, it works or two I loose a microfiber towel..oh well worht a shot through.

14. Buddy

Thanks ASPHALT ROCKET. I just placed my first order with detailersdomain and you were right. A killer price on micro-restore!!! seems like I'm going to have to check Phil out more often!!!:thumb:

15. Carn

Carn Welcome to Detailing

I am interested to hear how the towels are after normal drying, don't they go hard if not tumble dried like regular towels do ?

16. Eliot Ness

Eliot Ness Any Rag Vehicle Washer

I wash mine in hot water, use Micro-Restore detergent, run at least 2 rinse cycles, and put ~1/2 cup of vinegar in the first rinse cycle. The important thing is to keep rinsing until the rinse water is clear of suds. I usually dry them on low heat and take them out when they are still just a tad damp. If you wait until they are 100% dry there is a lot of "static cling" and it's hard to fold them because they are sticking to each other.

17. Asphalt Rocket

Asphalt Rocket Nuba Guru

Your welcome Buddy, Phil is top notch, plus I doubt you can find stuff any cheaper than with Phil and if it is a few dollars more, he more than makes up for it with his customer service and knowledge of his products.

18. Buddy

Carn, No they don't get hard at all. They are on the soft side. but I would think they would be softer comming out of the dryer. I just can't bring myself to put them in the dryer. I'm glad nica said he hangs his to dry as well...:thumb:

19. Buddy

Eliot ness;79342, I'm glad you mentioned that static cling thing.I have been finding out that it is difficult to get all the suds out.You said that you put vinegar in the first rinse cycle.What does vinegar do and how many rinse cycles does it take to get all the suds out of your towels???

20. Deep Gloss Auto Salon

Deep Gloss Auto Salon DB Pro Supporter

My process:

Separate load for:

Paint towels
    All purpose towels
    Grunge towels

Wash in hot (heavily soiled towels get APC in load)
    Extra rinse (most times 2 extra rinses)
    Last rinse gets vinegar

Hang dry