Seat Leon Cupra - Swissvax Detail

Discussion in 'Show and Shine' started by Prism, May 18, 2010.

1. Prism

Prism Birth of a Detailer

A friend asked me to carry out a detail on his Leon. He is more about power than showcasing his car, and you can tell...with over £8k spend on performance parts and the car producing over 360bhp its a rocket (been known to beat RS4's, Evo's etc). The owner does not wash the car himself and used a local car wash, resulting in the car being covered in Swirls. So since he was at Crail this weekend for a Vauxhall day, he wanted the car looking good and asked for a Swissvax detail (might have something to do with the Porsche Carrera 4S i detailed the day before).

Some pics on its arrival:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Initially the car was rinse and then the Alloys were cleaned with Bilberry Wheel Cleaner and the tyres and arches, door sills and petrol cap with APC

[​IMG]

Then moved onto the Engine bay, applied APC and aggrigated it with a detailing brush to remove as much grime and oil as possible. Then the engine was run to allow to dry.

The car was then snowfoamed and rinsed, then washed (3 bucket method) using Swissvax Car Bath and rinsed. There was a lot of tar on the car so this was removed using Autosmart Tardis.
    then the car was clayed using Swissvax Paint Rubber, washed again, rinsed again then dried using the blower and finished off using a waffle drying towel.

Checking the paint work, I found a consistancy of swirls all over it:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Initially I opted to correct using Swissvax Cleaner Fluid Pro, on a polishing pad, but this did not give the desired correction level, so opted for Fast Cut plus on a cutting pad,
    then refined with Swissvax Cleaner Fluid Pro on a polishing pad. The results:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The paintwork was then cleansed using Swissvax Cleaner Fluid (Regular) and the same applied to the alloy wheels. once removed then Swissvax Mirage wax was used on the paint work,
    Swissvax Autobahn on the alloys, Swissvax Pneu on the tyres, Swissvax Nano Express on the plastic trim, Swissvax Crystal on the windows, Swissvax Seal feed on the rubbers, Engine
    bay was treated with Chermical Guys Silk Shine, interior was cleaned with APC and hoovered, Exhaust was treated with Swissvax Metal Polish and some steel wool.

The end results:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The owner was really happy with the result and noticed whilst cleaning the car and him helping out a little bit of OCD was coming out lol

Thanks for looking

Robert

2. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

Love the car Rob. Is the SV Cleaner Fluid really capable of removing light swirls? What pad would you use?

3. Prism

Its not regular cleaner fluid, Its cleaner Fluid Pro....it is abbrasive, I would put between 3M FCP and Ultrafina, bit an excellent product as can refine really well with it.

4. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

Very nice work!

5. JoeyZ

JoeyZ Obsessive Detailer

Prism,
    One of these days, when I have the money.....Im just going to buy your van. All SV Products included. It would be the greatest thing in the world to have that parked in my driveway. Just for bragging rights.....

LOL.

Great job.

6. Jav.STi

Jav.STi Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Nice little rocket 360hp must be awesome in a little car like that!

And nice job!

7. Prism

Bragging right, well its the only one in Scotland that can have the Swissvax logo on it as im the only Swissvax Detailer in Scotland, making my van a little more unique :)

One way of putting it, took me out in the rain, sounded like a rally car, with the LSD and race tyres it was simply scary !