Seak oreservative - rubber seals. What do you use?

Discussion in 'Interior Car Care' started by supercharged, Nov 9, 2007.

1. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

What do you use as rubber seal preservative to keep rubber seals soft? Zymol? Pinnacle (vinyl and rubber protectant)?
    I've been using Pinnacle, and love it. What about Zymol? I condition rubber every 5-8 weeks.

2. klumzypinoy

klumzypinoy Nuba Guru

I haven't protected my rubber seals. If you count windshield wipers as rubber, I have used Optimum Tire Shine on that :).

3. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

Opps...I think I've been proudly edumicated by Scooterguiatar on how to speak Engrish...:eek::rolleyes::eek:

4. Al-53

Al-53 Welcome to Detailing

For rubber seals I use either 1Z gummipledge or the DG 259 Duragloss TMD (Tire & Mat Dressing)..they both work great and keeps rubbers really nice...I get no door sticking in the winter like when the door rubbers freeze to the door...

but any good rubber dressing should work....

AL

5. Calgarydetail

Calgarydetail Getting to know Detailing

I use whatever interior dressing im using that day. for the most part its dp. It seems to do a good enough to keep the seals soft

6. wanabe

wanabe Virgin Detailer

shin-etsu grease is good at restoring moisture in soft rubber....

it is used on convertible top seals, and works well on the rest of the seals too.

7. Jayplay

Jayplay DB Pro Supporter

swissvax seal feed is brillant for seals. a little goes a long way..
    or 1z gummi pledge

8. gmblack3

gmblack3 Top 9 detailer in the US to serve you in Atlanta

I dug out some BMW gummi pledge the other day. It must be 6-8 yrs old. I guess they don't sell it anymore. Is it the same version as the 1Z?

9. klumzypinoy

klumzypinoy Nuba Guru

One thing I noticed on my windshield wipers... I have rain-x on the windshield and before my wipers would chatter. About at least 2 months ago I've applied Optimum Tire Shine on the windshield wipers. They haven't been chattering ever since :). Still haven't tested on rubber seals though..but rubber is rubber!

10. DLR Detailing

DLR Detailing Jedi Nuba

^^^What he said ^^^ Usually, Poorboys Natural Look.

DLR

11. detailersdomain

detailersdomain Administrator

12. Jimmie

Jimmie Birth of a Detailer

303 Aerospace Protectant

13. maesal

maesal Birth of a Detailer

Meguiars Hyper Dressing is great also.