Scuff marks that will not go away.

Discussion in 'Interior Car Care' started by lonewolf525, Mar 12, 2010.

1. lonewolf525

lonewolf525 Jedi Nuba

Hey guys i have come across some scuff marks that will not go away. The problem is on the door panel and the front dash on the passenger side. When people get into the car they hit the door panel with their shoes and leave a scuff on the plastic. i have tried different APC and not happy with results. The scuff marks will go away temporarily with dressings but thats not what i am looking for. Any advice would be great. thanks

2. Nikku

Nikku Jedi Nuba

Magic Eraser works wonders for those. Try that :)

3. slanguage

slanguage OD On Detailing

maybe some 1z deep plastic cleaner with the autoglym hi-tech cleaning pad?

4. vtec92civic

vtec92civic Nuba Guru

second that. :headbang:

5. billyblooshoes

billyblooshoes DB Forum Supporter

Magic eraser for sure.

6. MrPolished&Waxed

MrPolished&Waxed Obsessive Detailer

compound or steel wool, be very gentle with steel wool though.

7. lonewolf525

lonewolf525 Jedi Nuba

i will try that when i go to the grocery store. i will look for the magic eraser. thanks guys.

8. krshultz

krshultz Nuba Guru

The magic eraser is the bomb for stuff like this. I haven't tried my Autoglym pad yet, but I'm expecting good things.

9. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

magic eraser like pad and some 1z plastic cleaner till clean just about any thing off of hard plastics.

10. edwinbong

edwinbong DB Forum Supporter

agree on the magic eraser, i think there are different versions for different purposes iirc

11. insaineyesay

insaineyesay Virgin Detailer

I usually rock the 'Goof Off' remover cleaner.
    Its really powerful and gets almost anything off. Pretty much, if I can't get it off with this stuff, its NOT coming off.

*warning* It is extremely powerful, sometimes it can strip the color right off the surface, so my advice is to pour a little on a toothbrush, or a towel or whatever you're using as a tool, and try a very small test spot first. Then when you decide to go for it, still be pretty careful, because once the color is gone, its NOT coming back.

The client usually comes back like "how did you get those marks off?"
    and I'm like

:whistle:

12. Tjfrom215

Tjfrom215 Birth of a Detailer

I use the Good Off Citrus and the Goof Off Pro.
    That stuff is STRONG, Ide say use the Magic Eraser
    or G.O.P, both could do it ide say.

13. ps3king

ps3king Jedi Nuba

are we talking about the mr. clean magic eraser??

14. Audi2.7t

Audi2.7t Two Bucket System Washer

Yup. That be it

15. froboy272

froboy272 Obsessive Detailer

do you guys just spray on plastic cleaner and rub with the magic eraser to remove these scuff marks on the doors? Whats the best way to go about it.

16. Kaleo

Kaleo DB Forum Supporter

another option is using brake cleaner fluid that comes in the aerosol spray cans...but be sure it is the NON-CHLORINATED type. Spray on a towel and wipe on the marks. Works well with paint transfers too.

17. lonewolf525

lonewolf525 Jedi Nuba

Well guys i got it cleaned up. i did go to the grocery store and bought the magic eraser. however, i ended up using Majestic solutions Plastic and leather cleaner. i knew i had some somewhere in my supplies box. i diluted the product 1 to 1 ratio and applied it to a towel. i then scrubbed the area and towel with finger and then wipe it clean with another damp towel. Boy it really felt good to remove those scuff marks. thanks guys for all the feedback.

18. froboy272

froboy272 Obsessive Detailer

I use MS Leather and Plastic Cleaner Regularly (Love the stuff) but i could not get it to remove any type of scuff marks on my door panel.

19. lonewolf525

lonewolf525 Jedi Nuba

Really, wow you must have some bad scuff marks compared to what i had. i think i read in another thread that he used an APC with the magic eraser and that took the scuff marks out but i do not remember what APC. Did you try the MS plastic and leather clear full strength?

20. bgibs

bgibs Virgin Detailer

Are teh scuff marks something that is a physical change to the sill or w/e is scuffed? Is it something making you think the scuff is dirt when its really just a scraped piece?