Scholl Concepts vs a pearl white Lexus IS250

Discussion in 'Show and Shine' started by porta, Dec 29, 2008.

1. porta

porta Jedi Nuba

This car is owned by a friend of mine, and he´s not exactly an ”autopian” so I expected the see a Lexus ”automatic wash swirl edition” but the car did only have some light swirls marks and some scuffmarks from parking lots and etc. Or else the car was in a decent condition.

We tried many different combinations and the one who gave us nice cut but also left a crispy glossy paint was, Scholl Concepts S17 with scholl black waffled finishing pads (5”) on rotary. The other combinations we tried was 3M extra fine cut, Menzerna PO106FF and etc. They left us with a glossy paint, but didn´t remove as much as S17. I know this isn´t fair since S17 is equivalent with let us say, Menzerna SIP, but I had forgot my bottle of SIP at home, so we couldnt test that combination :(

First wash
    First we applied a petroleum based degreaser on the car, not on the horizontal surfaces. Let it soak for about 10 minutes, and then we applied a heavy alkalie degreaser(cut 1:25 with water). Left it to soak for another 10 minutes. Rinse with power washer. We still had some tar spots who we removed with a tar remover. Then the car was foamed Allbrites cherry foam via foam gun., let dwell and then rinsed with power washer After that I washed the car with 1 bucket(yes I use the 1bm but after this prepp it´s safe :D)

Clay
    The paint was pretty smooth but we gave it a quick clay with opti-clay and ONR as lube. Then the car was dried with mf-towels. Followed by a IPA wipe down.

Polish
    Scholl Concepts S17 with black waffled finishing pads on AEG rotaries. Spread @ 900 rpm, up to 1800 rpm and then finished @ 900 rpm. Followed by another IPA wipedown.

Second wash
    The car was soaked with PPS cleaner fluid, let dwell for 10 minutes, then rinsed with power washer
    Followed with mf-towels and follwed by a third IPA wipe down.

LSP
    I used a coating, similar to Opti-coat. Applied it with a small make up pad and then left it to cure for about 1 hour. Front windows was coated with Res-Bonas nano glass. Rear windows got OOS.

Interior
    Vacumed, leather was cleaned with allbrites rug and upholstery, leather was feed by concept chemicals leather cream, tyres where dressed with concept chemicals – Contour.

Now to the pictures, sorry I don´t have any befores but it was just light swirls, nothing spectacular.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks for looking :campfire:

2. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

That is one shiny, white car. It must look amazing outside. Great job.

3. J BELL

J BELL Nuba Guru

That white looks incredible!

4. porta

porta Jedi Nuba

Thanks! Yes I did look great out side with all the snow...
    It´s very hard to catch the deepth and shine on that white paint, but It was very glossy, thats for sure.

Thanks mate!

5. Nica

Nica Banned

Well done, vehicle looks great. I'm not a fan of white but Lexus has the pearl white that looks incredible.

I like the body style of this Lexus as well.

Another job well done :thumb:

Oh just curious, how did you find the clear coat soft?

6. porta

porta Jedi Nuba

Thanks. I love that white colour! The clear was what I would call "medium" , after all I used a heavy polish, but with a finishing pad so I got nice cut and IMO a very good gloss.

7. Nica

Nica Banned

Thanks for the feed back porta..medium huh :thinking: good to know....oh what year is the vehicle? Just curious that's all :peace:

8. porta

porta Jedi Nuba

Well, more like "medium rare" IE medium but on the softer side :D
    The car is from 2006.

9. Buddy

Buddy Getting to know Detailing

Nice Deatail. It looks great. That color white is awesome. Thanks for sharing...:thumb:

10. sal329

sal329 Nuba Guru

Great job the white is glowing

11. porta

porta Jedi Nuba

Thanks!

Thank you.