Say what you want about Turtle Wax...

Discussion in 'Sale, Trades, or Bargains' started by P1et, May 12, 2008.

1. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

...but the Turtle Wax MFs I picked up at Big Lots are nothing short of EXCELLENT! I only picked up three packets of them, now I'm kicking myself for not getting more of them.

:doh:

2. Bence

Bence Two Bucket System Washer

Actually, I love the PUG series, and one of my fave sealants is the Gloss Guard. Great products.

3. Mindflux

Mindflux Welcome to Detailing

I was just at BL earlier today and saw TW Wool mitts for 4.00 a pop. I didn't see any MF towels though.

:waiting:

4. IanB

IanB Two Bucket System Washer

I went through about 20 of them to find the softest to my touch. It wasn't the fullest, but certainly the softest. I have a 16$ AG mitt coming and I am going to compare the two. If it's like everyone says, I would expect the TW mitt to be better since I was able to evaluate many before I settled on the one I got. However, if the AG mitt comes in softer, credit will go to wear credit is due.

IB

5. Nica

Nica Banned

Oh really....that's interesting, I can't say I've ever used there MF's good to know though :thumb:

6. Mindflux

hmmm two bl and no mr towels in sight. Which one was it ?

7. Denzil

Denzil Guest

Interesting... I'll have to check this out myself.

8. P1et

I found them at the Round Rock Big Lots, but they have none left. Originally bought them for interior, but have used them on paint with no issues. They were $2.50 for three or four I believe. Come out great every time using CG MF wash.

I cannot speak for other Turtle Wax products, but these have my approval!

9. Mindflux

Dang. I was going to check that one today on lunch break.

10. P1et

Here is what they look like:

[​IMG]

Those chenille wash pads are just the worst of the worst. DO NOT BUY THEM! They aren't good for washing anything since those white things falls out they touch anything. HORRIBLE! I have not used the tire dressing applicators, but they could be alright if I cut them in half I guess.

11. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

I like TW foam applicators...they are just $0.40 at Big Lots!

12. P1et

Yes, bought a BAG FULL of them the other day.

13. RTexasF

RTexasF Birth of a Detailer

Funny, I bought several packs of those towels from the same place (different city) and I didn't like them at all. Offsize compared to all others I have too. They were relegated to the kitchen. The tire dressing applicators do work well and are easy to clean.

14. P1et

They are indeed a different size, which was annoying, but I found them to be quite soft and great value for the money.

Sorry yours didn't work out...

15. RTexasF

RTexasF Birth of a Detailer

They are indeed a good value and certainly didn't go to waste.

16. Cooter

Cooter Guest

I bought like 48 of those m/f's in 12 pks. They're a good towel.
    Like Bence, I also like the PUG (platinum) line. The tire shine is my favorite tire protectant. I bought 9 cans of it at BL hehehe. Its getting harder and harder to find. I think i'll be okay for a few years hehehehehehe