sanding buffing new paint which materials and way

Discussion in 'Compounds, Polishes, Paint Cleaners, and Glazes' started by 200horse, May 2, 2009.

1. 200horse

200horse Virgin Detailer

I am looking for something new besides the expensive 3m stuff everyone is use to. Here are 2 ways some people wetsand and or sand and buff. We in the bodyshop trade are not as professional as most of you so this is why I am asking you.

One way guys sand and buff is with 1500 grit then they use heavier cut compond then polish. Is there a better way ? what pads and compound do you requiment for this?

second way is I have some uys useing the eagle stuff and can go up to 2500-3000 grit before polishing or light compound. Which pads and polish and or compound do you recommend when doing it this way??

What about system one? solo?

Again both ways will be with fresh paint.

Thanks for all the help ahead of time. After reading this like I said you guys make uu body and paint guys look like fools buffing.

2. DB Boss

DB Boss DB representative

200horse, your post has been edited, please refrain from promoting your business/service/products. Only DB Certified Dealers may promote there business/service/products.

Thank you in advance for understanding. If you have any questions or concerns feel free to contact Nica.

3. 200horse

200horse Virgin Detailer

wow wasnt promoting it at all i didnt even list a name of it or website. Just said what i did and why i was asking questions. I am looking to buy products from your suppliers here if you re read my question.

4. 200horse

200horse Virgin Detailer

any input on different products?

5. hades02

hades02 Virgin Detailer

Well, I'm not a pro. I did however work on a key job on my black car. I touched
    up the marks that ran down the entire side of the car with Duplicolor touch up. I wet sanded by hand
    with 3M sandpaper 2000 grit. I then used Megs 105 using a Flex 3401 and LC White pad. It came
    out great. To get it even better, I played with Menz Micro Polish and 3M Ultrafina. I got the
    same great results with either. I used a LC Blue pad with the Menz and 3M.

6. 200horse

200horse Virgin Detailer

thanksI have read aboutmegs 105 alot on here so is that a compound that removes 2000 grit up scratches or will it remove 1500? Is a flex 3401 a foam pad?

thanks

7. hades02

hades02 Virgin Detailer

The Flex 3401 is a true DA buffer. 105 is a compound that will remove 1500 grit
    scratches/marks.

8. togwt

togwt Nuba Guru

[We in the bodyshop trade are not as professional as most of you so this is why I am asking you.] Not sure how to repond too this comment . . .

Check out the article in the Detailng School section; Wet-sanding (Colour-sanding)

9. 200horse

200horse Virgin Detailer

I AM looking for new products and ways to intoduce to my customers. We understand how to do itjust again always looking for better ways and products