Saab 9-5 Aero (Hirsch) - Gtechniq Correction Detail

Discussion in 'Show and Shine' started by Prism, Apr 14, 2013.

1. Prism

Prism Birth of a Detailer

The owner of this car decided to have his car detailed....he was a little skeptical about how much "better" i could make his car, but decided to give it a go and see how i can improve on the cars appearance whilst offering a level of protection...

Here is a video of the detail including a few 50/50, beading and final walk around, I really feel the video show the depth and clarity to the finish:

Prism Detailing - Saab 9-5 Aero (Hirsch) - Gtechniq Detail - YouTube

So the car turned up:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

So started with the wash and decontamination stage. This consisted of cleaning the alloys with Chemical Guys Diablo wheel cleaner and using Swissvax brush and the tyres with Megs APC. The Door/Boot hinges were cleaned with APC as was the engine bay....

Then Snowfoaming with Autobrite Magnifoam:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Washing with Gtechniq G-wash, rinsed, then detarred with Autosmart Tardis:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Rinsed, then decontaminated with CarPro IronX:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Then rinsed again and then clayed and finally rinsed, washed and rinsed again.

The rubbers were then covered with tape and the paintwork inspected for defects and paint depths:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Now you get to see the swirls in the sunshine:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

So started with the correction stage. This was done with various combinations using the Rotary and DA, mostly with Scholls S17+ and refined with Scholls S40, but I was not happy with the bonnet and this was taken further with Scholls S3 Gold (serious cutting compound) then polished with S17+ and refined with S40, here are some of the pics from the correction stage:

Before:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    50/50:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    After:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

More before:
    [​IMG]
    After:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Metallic fleck popping now:
    [​IMG]

Headlight restoration was done using the DA and Mira pads, starting with 1000 grit, moving to 2000 grit then onto 4000 grit, then polished with Scholls S3 Gold and refined with Scholls S17+:

Before:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    After:
    [​IMG]

Once the correction was done, then started with the protection....originally I had planned on using another brand but opted to used Gtechniq products. So the exterior trim was protected with Gtechniq C4:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The exhaust was treated with Gtechniq M1:
    Before:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    After:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The Alloys were protected with Gtechniq C5 on the face and inside and the tyres treated with Gtechniq T1:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Then the full car was protected with Gtechniq C2v2 (including the glass):

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The interior leather was clean, but to enhance it a little more, I cleaned the leather with warm water and a cloth then protected with Gtechniq L1, then the carpets were initially scrubbed with Autosmart Bio Brisk then steam cleaned, once dry then protected with Gtechniq I1, the interior glass cleaned with Dodo Juice Clearly Menthol and the Dash protected with Gtechniq C6:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Gave it one last rinse down which gave the oppertunity to witness the beading of the protection:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Finally the was dried and finished only added touch was Swissvax Nano Express on the front grill and these are the end pics:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Finally the Hirsch wagons together:

[​IMG]

Thanks for taking the time to read the post, I know a lot of pictures but a lot was involved in this detail and i think the results speak for themselves. As i said previously the owner was a little skeptical what could be done to improve his car before i worked on it, but was over the moon with the results, and really thats what detailing is about....exceeding expectations!

Robert @ Prism Detailing

2. TheCook

TheCook Virgin Detailer

Awesome job. Always liked those cars.

3. Holden

Holden DB Forum Supporter

Looks great! Liking those beading shots as well as those wheels. Reminds me of advan's.

4. GDAL

GDAL Super Moderator

Amazing detail!! Love those wagons and the wheels look amazing!!

5. Prism

Prism Birth of a Detailer

Thanks guys, saw the owner today and still over the moon with the outcomes, to the extent his son has told me thats all he talks about and his family are getting bored of it ! lol but today i did the blue one, the two cars are like chalk and cheese, the grey one was quite an easy correction, the blue one, thats another matter !