Saab 9-3 Turbo - Dodo Juice Detail

Discussion in 'Show and Shine' started by Prism, Sep 6, 2011.

1. Prism

Prism Birth of a Detailer

The owner contacted me to detail his car after seein another Saab in black which had recently been detailed.

The car when it arrived:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

the car was cleaned using an eco friendly wash technique, using Chemical Guys EcoSmart RU which i have demonstrated on this forum before, followed by detarring with Autosmart Tardis (on mist to prevent run off) and followed by claying using Dodo Juice Born Slippy and AMDetail blue medium clay bar:

[​IMG]

On inspection there are many swirls:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Also some scratches:
    [​IMG]

And even worse....the driver front door and passenger rear door has had a very poor repair carried out on it:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The polishing set comprised on the following....Scholls Concept S3 Gold or Chemical Guys V36 Optical Cutting Compound on a Chemical Guys Orange Hex Pad, followed by Menzerna Power Finish on a chenical Guys White or Green Pad via Rotarty then followed by Chemical Guys V38 Optival Polishing Compound on a Chemical Guys Microfiber Pad via DA......:

[​IMG]

Some 50/50 shots:

[​IMG]

Bonnet before:
    [​IMG]
    Bonnet after:
    [​IMG]

The rear door, remember poor repair on it, this required wet sanding then the above technique, it was concluded that some of the orange peel was under the clearcoat, possibly in the paint or further down, paint depth reading indicated a poor repair:
    before:
    [​IMG]
    after:
    [​IMG]

The car required to be washed again with the amount of dusting, so snowfoamed using Valet Pro snowfoam followed by Dodo Juice Born To Be Mild Shampoo then dried using Dodo Juice Supernatural Drying towel. The paintwork was then treated to Dodo Juice Lime Prime Lite (hand application) followed by Dodo Juice Purple Haze Pro wax. The windows were cleaned using Dodo Juice Clearly Menthol and the plastic trim treated to Dodo Juice Supernatural Gloss Trim Sealant (if you look in previous pics at the base of the wing mirror to afterwards, going from light grey back to black):

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Some nice reflection shots:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thats was the end of day one.........onto day two......

The weather was not really on my side unfortunately :( but great oppertunity to show the beating of Dodo Juice Purple Haze Pro :)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Also all the trim which was treated with Dodo Juice Supernatural Gloss Trim Sealant was beading as well (remember me mentioning the wing mirror bases!!!)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Today I was treating the interior..........before:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The interior was treated to steam cleaning, followed by the leather cleaned/protected with LTT products and Swissvax Quick Interior Finish:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The engine bay was treated to Chemical Guys Silk Shine dressing:

[​IMG]

and finially the alloys treated to Wolf Chemicals Rim Shield and tyres to Swissvax Pneu and the arches to Chemical Guys Barebones.....

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The owner was over the moon with the results, I hope some of this has shown how some products can be used.

Thanks for viewing

Robert
    Prism Detailing

2. kakeuter

kakeuter DB Forum Supporter

Nice work, the repair on the door was hideous.

-Kody-

3. Prism

Prism Birth of a Detailer

It was a shame, also the front door was the same, but I was able to fix that as it was not AS BAD ! but as a professional you need to know when to stop before going too far and causing more damage again....