S2000 needs new paint

Discussion in 'Detailing Bliss Lounge' started by godoman, Apr 28, 2012.

1. godoman

godoman Jedi Nuba

Seattle/Washington friends, my black Honda S2000 needs a full paint job. Anyone know a place I can go with great work at a great price? So far I have been quoted $6400 dollars and it will take one month

Anyone please help me with referrals

Godoman

2. mrd0t

mrd0t Obsessive Detailer

$6400 sounds like alot!

3. godoman

godoman Jedi Nuba

Yeah, no shit. Then he told me it would take a month. He does real quality work but, man

4. mrd0t

mrd0t Obsessive Detailer

Are you doing a color change?

5. Pureshine

Pureshine DB Pro Supporter

A really top paint job can cost 5-10k depends what your looking to get out of it.

6. godoman

godoman Jedi Nuba

Keeping the same color, black onyx. Yeah, I learned quickly in a small detail and auto body class in college years ago that a "decent" paint job is from $6k to $10k and can go as high as $20k for showroom style.

I simply want it looking brand new just like Honda sold it to me and he looked over it and said $6400 with tax included and will need the car for almost one month. I am about to replace alot of parts like suspension and new OEM wheels and other things like emblems. Parts alone are totally $2k and now this.

My budget for a like new paint job was $4 k and have been saving for months to do this....

Godoman

7. ////AMG

////AMG Two Bucket System Washer

For 6K your better off selling it imo, get a newer S2000 and call it a day.

8. godoman

godoman Jedi Nuba

I have been debating that. A fresh Astarte and could get one of the new ones though I am a fan of the AP1

9. Pureshine

Pureshine DB Pro Supporter

Painting is an art form you get what you pay for trust me.

10. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

Agreed. A good paint job will set you back quite a bit. A client recently resprayed a brand new Audi A6 because the factory wouldn't paint it Mercedes Yellow - for any reasonable amount of money. It cost them $7k. Half that price was to remove and replace all trim, glass etc. The ONLY thing that should be taped off on your car are the holes where the glass used to be. If they are taping off anything on the car, the clear will eventually peel back. Promise. $6400 incl tax is on the higher side for a car that small, but not out of the question if the work is good.

11. godoman

godoman Jedi Nuba

Yeah. He explained to me that just to remove the convertible top will take almost 8 hours s. This guy does quality work

12. slanguage

slanguage OD On Detailing

Um, i think the proper name for the color is Berlina Black....

13. godoman

godoman Jedi Nuba

Thanks slang. Ha!

14. slanguage

slanguage OD On Detailing

Eight hours to remove the top? Theres guys who can do that in less time.
    Have you posted in s2ki.com to ask for some help/info there?

15. godoman

godoman Jedi Nuba

No I haven't. Those guys are finatics.. prob a good is idea though. Will do when I get off of work in an hour