Rupes LHR75 Mini Random Orbital Polisher

Discussion in 'Compounds, Polishes, Paint Cleaners, and Glazes' started by kramzz335i, Feb 19, 2013.

1. kramzz335i

kramzz335i Virgin Detailer

Hey guys, I was considering buying this Rupes polisher, but idk if my compressor tank is sufficient for this tool. I have a 30 gallon tank that runs up to 150 psi. If you could give me some input on the product and whether my compressor is sufficient, that would be awesome. Thanks!

2. Mpower4life

Mpower4life DB Pro Supporter

whats the cubic feet per minute rating on the compressor? The two numbers you listed would be ok to run it but it all depends on ur CFM.... The 75 is a killer tool and will blow you away in all ways. Works really well with the microfiber pads for cutting as long as you keep the pads clean. Great for wet sanding and getting in tighter small areas.

3. SoCal Garage

SoCal Garage DB Forum Supporter

According to the Rupes website, this tool requires 11.5 CFM (rounded) and at least 87 PSI (rounded). A lot of how well you can run this tool will depend on the type of compressor you have. Your given specs should run it, but it's matter how much the compressor will run owed to its CFM (as alluded to by Mpower4life).

4. Fenderpicks

Fenderpicks Any Rag Vehicle Washer

I also got my eyes on this rupes polisher as well.
    I have a 33 gallon craftsman compressor, i know the specs for it is not even half of what rupe recommended.

5. Mpower4life

Mpower4life DB Pro Supporter

I have the Craftsman Professional 27 gallon vertical portable air compressor. It handles the 75 just fine and it's only rated at a SCFM of 5.8 @ 90 PSI. If ur doing a solo act and using this machine and blowing out your pads with it, you really don't need anything more.